What's Average Support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzer76

I'm trying to figure out what the typical child support is? I know it varies by income but here is my situation: I married my husband about 1 1/2 ago. He has a daughter who is 10 yrs old that has lived with her mother only from the time they got divorced (she was 2 yrd old) until this past fall of 2007. When we lived closer to his ex and child, we would have her every other weekend. My hubby's support was that he paid for all of the child's health insurance plus about $400 a month. Ex got to claim her on her taxes which made sense because she lived full time with the ex. In the summer, my hubby would pay 1/2 of the additional daycare costs plus the other $400.

This past fall of 2007, the child came to live with us. The ex has been paying us $500 a month. Our total daycare expense is $270 a month. My husband is still paying all of the child's health care and his ex wouldn't let us claim her on our taxes. So, she's also getting the extra tax rebate this year.

This seems completely unfair to me. I don't think my husband should have to continue to pay the child's health care plus not claim her on taxes while the child is now living with us. Should we try to amend the agreement?

There are several thousands of child support calculators online.

Run several scenarios on a couple of hundred and see what you come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back