Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft What would of happened if I refused a bag search?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alawforumuser

Jurisdiction
Central America
Good afternoon,

I was looking at stuff at wal mart and I had a backpack. I didn't buy anything but on the way out the security guard asked to see my bag. I asked the security guard are you accusing me of theft? I am leaving i told the security guard and started walking and the security guard said i couldnt leave and called his boss. I told the boss are you acussing me of theft? The boss said no and said it was companh pllicy. I wonder what would of have happened if inwoild of refused to let them see in my backpack? I have read online that they could of called the cops on me but if they would of called them and i didnt have anything, which i didn't, i could of then sued wal mart for false imprisonment, correct?

Some lady started saying that if walmart would like to prevent theft that they can start a check your bag policy. I felt discriminated becuase other people left the store with bags and they didn't get asked to show their bag.

I guess if I would of refused Walmart to search in my bag I could of gotten banned for life for visiting walmart.

Thanks

Good afternoon,

I was looking at stuff at wal mart and I had a backpack. I didn't buy anything but on the way out the security guard asked to see my bag. I asked the security guard are you accusing me of theft? I am leaving i told the security guard and started walking and the security guard said i couldnt leave and called his boss. I told the boss are you acussing me of theft? The boss said no and said it was companh pllicy. I wonder what would of have happened if inwoild of refused to let them see in my backpack? I have read online that they could of called the cops on me but if they would of called them and i didnt have anything, which i didn't, i could of then sued wal mart for false imprisonment, correct?

Some lady started saying that if walmart would like to prevent theft that they can start a check your bag policy. I felt discriminated becuase other people left the store with bags and they didn't get asked to show their bag.

I guess if I would of refused Walmart to search in my bag I could of gotten banned for life for visiting walmart.

Thanks
I'm sorry, this site is for US Law only. You can try to google a law site based on whatever Central American country you are in. Good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back