Consumer Law, Warranties What type of lawyer should I look to hire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel3839

I purchased an extended warranty on my couch about three years ago. Since then I have called the company at least three times asking about cleaning the couch, also each time I called I asked for paperwork explaining my warranty information because I had never received it. I was told that I had to attempt to clean any stain myself using a letter code that was underneath the couch. I asked if the information about what the code meant would be in the paperwork they sent me and I was told yes. So I looked under the couch found different letters on each piece of the couch and still had no idea how to clean it and I never received any information from the company. I did make a phone call about a broken leg on the chair and they sent someone out to fix it. So I called again regarding the stains in October of this year, 2014 and I was told by a supervisor that the information I received before was wrong and that someone should have just put in a claim to clean the couch so they put in a claim and sent someone out. The guy came out to take pictures and send them back to the warranty company for further guidance. The company sent me an email saying that they refused my claim because it was an accumulation of stains and I had to hire an upholstery cleaning company out of my own pocket because they only do spot cleaning. So again I called the company and I spoke with a customer service rep and she said she didn't see an accumulation and she doesn't know why they refused the claim so she put in the claim again and it went back to the same guy came out again. I spoke with the guy assigned with cleaning it and he said he didn't understand why they kept sending him out because he couldn't clean the couch and the warranty company needs to just replace it. I asked him about three separate spots not accumulation on each piece of the sectional and he said that they were unclean-able. So he told that to the warranty company and they again rejected my claim to clean my couch and said that it was because they only do spot cleaning and they have to think of the entire condition of the couch when processing claims so they wouldn't even do anything about the three separate spots that I was requesting being cleaned. I finally received a one page piece of paper explaining the warranty coverage in October 2014 and it doesn't say anything about only spot cleaning and it says they will replace the items if it can not be cleaned or fixed. If they had done their job correctly in the first place and honored my warranty the couch could be clean so I want to look at hiring a lawyer but I'm not sure what kind of lawyer I would need to look to hire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back