what to expect after shoplifting

targetbanned17

Jurisdiction
Nevada
Incident was item didn't scan at self check out and got stop by LP at the door took picture copy of ID and did not sign anything no cops but If seen back instore would be cited for trespassing no mentioned about letter in the mail as per the tread in the forum "civil demand" pay or not and how long should it take to get in the mail if there's going to be one this happened a month ago on the 28th

I am a Retail Theft Consultant and answer questions like yours daily. Civil Demand letters vary in tine they are sent I will say that after 6 months its "probably" not coming

would his picture and info be in a data base for theft ?

Assume it will be eventually.

The demand runs about $400 in NV.

BTW, NV was the first state to create "civil demand" laws about 25 years ago.

Read these similar posts:
Shoplifting, LP, Civil Demand Letter | Las Vegas - Yelp
Carr Maloney P.C. | Demand with a Plan: The Need for Retailers to be Aware of the Variations in Civil Demand Statutes Across the Country
Shoplifters - Paying Civil Demand | SecurityInfoWatch.com

Carr Maloney P.C. | Demand with a Plan: The Need for Retailers to be Aware of the Variations in Civil Demand Statutes Across the Country
Do you nwed to pay the civil demand

should the civil demand be paid or ignore

Do you nwed to pay the civil demand
should the civil demand be paid or ignore

Some people pay it, others ignore it.

This is what licensed lawyers in Nevada, NJ, TX, and California have to say about civil demands:

I always tell my clients to ignore any civil demand letter. I live and practice in Texas.
I also tell my clients to never, ever in their entire remaining years on earth to steal anything' especially from any retail establishment.
If you get in the habit of stealing, the criminal law will become involved, and you will have no options!!!

Texas is somewhat easier on all debtors.

But, the defense bar seems unified in one thing about civil demand letters, ignore the FIRST one.
Don't keep stealing and end up with 25 letters.

Most non-lawyers say, pay the demand letters.
That alone should be all the answer anyone requires.
Some examples follow.
Matthew Ruff Explains What to Do With The "Civil Demand Letter" in a Shoplifting Case
Matthew Ruff Explains What to Do With The "Civil Demand Letter" in a Shoplifting Case
Do I have to pay a civil demand in Nevada? - Q&A - Avvo
Should I pay Walmart's civil demand letter? - Q&A - Avvo
Demand Letter - Lawyers.com Community
Do I need to pay a civil demand letter regarding a shoplifting incident with my 11 year old?

Back