What to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

babieduc13

Okay Ive put up a post once before reagarding this but with no luck. A year ago my mother in law called my husband and said that the renters that were in his grandparents cabin in Georgia were not keeping up on the rent or homeowners insurance and we were renting in Va so she asked if we would be interested in A Land Contract/Quick deed claim and we said yes,so we moved. Well she sent us a noterized letter from herself and his gma stating that the papers would be ready in Jan.09. But nothing else has been done. We were given a payment booklet by his mother (who has the power of attorney for his gma) to send in the payments on the house to the mortage company(Regions)758.00 a month which we have been doing faithfully. We were also given the info for the second mortage his grandparents had taken out for an addition to the cabin through(Citifinianical)295.00 a month. Now his mother wants to put his grandmother in a nursing home,and says that in order for his grandmother to be placed in a home that she cant have any property in her name. She wants us to get the house refinanced in our names but my husbands credit isnt the best and he hasnt been at his job long enough. Now she is saying(even though we are making the payments) that she is going to have the goverment take the house. Is there any way we can keep the house. It was appraised for 145,000 and the payoff is 85,000. And she says thats all we have to finance is the 85,000.00 any help would be appreciated.

Are you sure you didn't post this twice because I answered it. I don't see my answer. I'll have to figure out what I said. It may be tomorrow but I'll do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back