What to do????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJM_

I had surgery back in 98' and my husband at that time was active in the military. I was covered with the insurance so my question is....now it is 2003 and I am remarried and we are currently trying to get a loan so my husband and I can get a house. We both work in different banks and we have always paid our bills on time. My problem being that the hospital (as far as I can remember) hasn't sent me any medical bills. So I never knew I ever owed money. Is there a statue of limitation for medical bills and also can they hold my husband liable for the unpaid hospital bills???? It's hard to pay bills when they don't notify you...lol and also.......why wouldn't they go after my ex husband seems how he was the one in the military and the primary on the insurance??? Please help cuz I don't want my husband to pay for something that is not his fault...thanks:mad:

Why should that go away because they were sloppy. It works to your benefit if someone doesn't bill you since it's like a long time loan, interest free. They cannot charge any late fees. There are causes of action that are prevented by the statute of limitations, whereby if there is a breach of contract they have a certain period of time within which they can sue you or they lose their right to sue.

You can likely settle the bill for far less if they never sent you a bill...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back