Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication What to do with this MIP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

murphyboy2

Last night I was given an MIP from the DNR I believe. He claimed her could smell the alcohol on me so I told him I had drank about 3 beers earlier before I got to the camp ground, which was the truth. He gave me an MIP without a breathelizer. I don't feel like that was handled right and because I wasn't given a breathelizer I should be able to get off. I'm planning on pleading not guilty but I'm not sure what to do after that. Any advice would be great!

Jeff

If you plead guilty you wont "get off" most of the time the judge will be more opt to lower your fine or less community service. If you don't think the officer had the right to give you an MIP then not guilty will be your best bet. but admitting to drinking will re-enforce the legitimacy of the ticket and wont get you out of it, the officer testimony of your confession would work just as if he gave you a test.

Last edited:
So basically since I admitted to the three beers I am some what trapped? Is there a way to get out of it? Say I was pressured into saying I had some beer. Also couldn't I fight it was already out of my system?

Jeff

yeah you never admit anything to the cops remain the whole "you have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used agenst you in the court of law" its best to keep that up. One of the wonderful things about out legal system is everything can be argued. you can plead not guilty and say you lied about drinking, just being a smart ass and see what happens but the judge will normally pick the cops story over the delinquent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back