What to do when the school & school board will not help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahjo411

Just to make my question easier I have copied and pasted the letter I sent to the school principal below so the situation could be better understood but have removed the names. I have requested several times to the school and school board to have my daughter to be moved from her current class assignment to another with the response being no each time. This entire situation came about after my daughter was removed from the classroom during important instructional time to do punishwork which I did not agree with and thought could have been done at home. It seems I have come to a point in all this that I do not know what else to do to have her moved to a different classroom. Is there anything else I could possibly do???

Please consider this my formal request in writing to have -- moved from ---class assignment to a new class assignment.

I feel due to the recent activities and legal avenues that have been pursued by teacher and myself that my daughter needs to be moved from her classroom to another. I feel for the safety of my daughter and myself this needs to occur as soon as possible. I do not feel it would be fair to me or my daughter for her to stay in that classroom with the legal issue that now has come about and
I find it a conflict of interest for her to remain as a student in teacher class.

I also feel that daughter will not receive the quality of education she deserves by staying in that class. I also feel because of the ill feelings the teacher has toward me she will reflect those on to my daughter if she were to remain in her class.
As it is my responsibility to provide quality education to my children, I request you to transfer my daughter to a new class assignment, where School System can satisfy my child by providing her a good and quality education. I request you to reconsider my original request to transfer her to another class assignment; I am expecting a fruitful result as soon as possible. This transfer is beneficial for my child's bright career. Hope you will reconsider my request and do the needful.
School Board employee called my place of employment and never once discussed the fact the teacher was a customer of the dealership with the dealership owner about this matter. The only thing that was discussed was me sending e-mails on company time and from my company e-mail regarding this matter and the matter at hand with the school & school board. It was addressed by my boss and I was asked to use my personal e-mail to send these e-mails.

Now the teacher has taken it upon herself to contact an attorney and have an attorney send owner a letter regarding her personal information here at the dealership and how I obtained and used her work e-mail address. I find it very disturbing that she would do so considering hers, yours, employee, and all the school board members e-mail addresses are obtainable from the School System website. Does she not know this? I have not once sent anything to her personal home address or personal e-mail. I have still to this day not looked her up in our system here at the dealership. What she is doing now is harassment considering that school board personnel has already called my place of employment. This is now the second contact to them in less than a month over information that I do not need to obtain considering her e-mail address I have sent e-mail to is owned by the School System.

For her to obtain an attorney for matters of her personal information that was never used but instead her work e-mail was used to send correspondence regarding my daughter, the school, and her lack of judgment in the classroom has now become harassment. This matter with the e-mails and my employer being contacted still involves the school board and their e-mail server that was used and again her lack of judgment by having an attorney contact my work regarding this matter.

She is so concerned about information I have not and do not need to obtain rather than the matter at hand, which is my daughter and the way she has been treated by the teacher and the teachers lack of judgment. I believe the teacher needs to think more about her actions before the does them considering the contact information I have for her and have been using is owned by the school board and never once obtained from my place of employment but from the school boards own websites.

He and myself are being harassed by your employees at my place of employment about matters that have nothing to do with my work or information this dealership has that I do not need to obtain from them. This is really not the image the school board needs to portray to business owners; that if you have an employee with a child in our school district and there is a problem between us the school board and your employee (the parent of the student in our school system) we will harass you, call you, and send you letters when there is a problem here within the school system. Because in my opinion that is the exact message that is being sent.
My work or job was never in question about the way my daughter is being treated or the way the teacher has chosen to mishandle this situation completely!!! In my opinion it only makes me and I hope everyone else of this community question the leadership in the School Board and at Elementary!! I believe protect the teachers first and the students last must be their motto!!!
In the future I am going to have zero difficulty campaigning against the schools and school board when an election arises for any reason at all; and I will also send a letter in opposition to every grant board the schools and school board apply for. I believe they are undeserving of more of the tax payers hard earned dollars.
I do look forward to your kind cooperation.

Why do you believe there is a safety concern for you and your daughter?
What is the legal issue with her in that classroom?

You must separate whatever your involvement is with the teacher via email from the incident that occurred with your daughter at the school.

You gave example of a single isolated incident. Unless you can show that there is an ongoing problem don't expect them to change anything. Schools get complaints about teachers all the time and kids would be moving all over the place if they gave in to every unhappy parent.

Your best option might be to speak with your daughter and make sure she is not misbehaving and not subjected to whatever "punishwork" is. She has some responsibility here for her actions.

I believe their is a safety concern because my child has expressed how she is treated differently than the other students by the teacher now that all this has occured. She as a child should not have to be subjected to that type of behavior by her teacher because of her issues with me.
I have spoken to her about her behavior and I have no issue with her being held accountable for her behavior but I do have an issue with her being sent out of school mandiated instructional time to write punishwork instead of her having to do it at her scheduled recess time or at home.
The legal issue is the teacher questioning my child about things that are said in my home about this entire situation especially since she has involved her lawyers.
I as a parent should have an active participation in the choice of moving her from that classroom.

Why do you believe there is a safety concern for you and your daughter?
What is the legal issue with her in that classroom?

You must separate whatever your involvement is with the teacher via email from the incident that occurred with your daughter at the school.

You gave example of a single isolated incident. Unless you can show that there is an ongoing problem don't expect them to change anything. Schools get complaints about teachers all the time and kids would be moving all over the place if they gave in to every unhappy parent.

Your best option might be to speak with your daughter and make sure she is not misbehaving and not subjected to whatever "punishwork" is. She has some responsibility here for her actions.

And if I am correct. I also believe the school board official that called my place of employment and discussed this entire situation with my employer broke the law as well.

I believe their is a safety concern because my child has expressed how she is treated differently than the other students by the teacher now that all this has occured. She as a child should not have to be subjected to that type of behavior by her teacher because of her issues with me.
I have spoken to her about her behavior and I have no issue with her being held accountable for her behavior but I do have an issue with her being sent out of school mandiated instructional time to write punishwork instead of her having to do it at her scheduled recess time or at home.
The legal issue is the teacher questioning my child about things that are said in my home about this entire situation especially since she has involved her lawyers.
I as a parent should have an active participation in the choice of moving her from that classroom.

Your concerns might be better served if you take them before the school board.

You could also make an appointment with the superintendent (not a deputy or assistant super), but THE superintendent.

How many emails did you send, and what was the nature of the emails? It's quite unusual that a school board member would become involved in a situation like this without provocation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back