What to do when landlord gets physically violent

Jurisdiction
Indiana
Hello. I'll try and make this short. I was a couple days late on my rent and my landlord came over, opened my window and told me to, "get my a@@ to the door".
I opened it and he grabbed me by the neck and choked me. He has been harassing me too, cussing me too through texts. What can I do? Thank you for any input

Hello. I'll try and make this short. I was a couple days late on my rent and my landlord came over, opened my window and told me to, "get my a@@ to the door".
I opened it and he grabbed me by the neck and choked me. He has been harassing me too, cussing me too through texts. What can I do? Thank you for any input
Wow! You should do the same thing you'd do for ANY person who grabbed you by the neck and choked you...CALL THE POLICE!
I can't believe you came to an internet forum before doing that...

As for the texts: Block him.

Why in the world did you not immediately call police? Did anyone witnesses this?

You can still report it, and should, and can get a restraining order to compel the landlord to stay away.

That said- you need to start looking for somewhere new to live. This will only deteriorate more.

Why in the world did you not immediately call police? Did anyone witnesses this?

You can still report it, and should, and can get a restraining order to compel the landlord to stay away.

That said- you need to start looking for somewhere new to live. This will only deteriorate more.
Thank you and I will and yes my gf saw it.

Back