Assault & Battery What should I expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carmensimone

Jurisdiction
Missouri
Hello.

So, my boyfriend is currently in jail, and his charges are as follows:

•Resisting Arrest/Detention/Stop By Fleeing - Creating A Substantial Risk Of Serious Injury/Death To Any Person { Felony E RSMo: 575.150 }

• Three 4th degree assault charges (misdemeanors)

• Failure to register vehicle

• Oper A Motor Vehicle In A Careless And Imprudent Manner, Involving An Accident (Misdemeanor)

His bail is 25,000 (we found a bondsman who will do 2500)

---------

Now, I'm not sure what to expect as far as his sentencing will go.

My first question: Is probation at all a possibility in this situation?
He is in Clay County, which is relatively small, and he has told me that a lot of the inmates in there are getting probation, as well as a man who committed robbery/hurt people.

My second question: Assuming he does serve time, how much time would it most likely be?

Third question: will having an attorney (non court appointed) raise the chance of probation or a shortened sentence?

Desperate for answers. Thank you

I'd expect him to have a combination of jail time and probation if convicted, plus fines and fees.
The amount of time depends on various fractors and is not really predictable.
Having an attorney is certainly helpful, but they can only do so much. He will only get a court appointed attorney if he can't afford one on his own, so there really isn't an option.

Hello.

•Resisting Arrest/Detention/Stop By Fleeing - Creating A Substantial Risk Of Serious Injury/Death To Any Person { Felony E RSMo: 575.150 }

• Oper A Motor Vehicle In A Careless And Imprudent Manner, Involving An Accident (Misdemeanor)

---------

He is in Clay County, which is relatively small, and he has told me that a lot of the inmates in there are getting probation, as well as a man who committed robbery/hurt people.

My second question: Assuming he does serve time, how much time would it most likely be?

Third question: will having an attorney (non court appointed) raise the chance of probation or a shortened sentence?

You do realize that most public defenders have their own or work for a private firm right? It's not the bumbling first time lawyer you see on TV. My ex had a PD and he has a 20+ year career and has a private firm. I think even the county attorney did too. But he won't get a public defender if he can afford an attorney.

Anything is possible in any situation. I can't believe you bailed him out though...I'd say walk away from this as soon as you can.

Hello.

---------

You bond him out, he'll only commit more crimes.
If you spent $2,500 on him, consider it a gift.
He'll never repay you.
Why?
They rarely repay their loans.
The moment that guy got arrested is the break you needed, leave him be, he's a big boy.

BTW, what is his preferred ILLEGAL drug of choice, or does he abuse prescription meds?

You bond him out, he'll only commit more crimes.
If you spent $2,500 on him, consider it a gift.
He'll never repay you.
Why?
They rarely repay their loans.
The moment that guy got arrested is the break you needed, leave him be, he's a big boy.

BTW, what is his preferred ILLEGAL drug of choice, or does he abuse prescription meds?

Your reply is incredibly ignorant and presumptuous. He doesn't do any drugs at all, or anything inherently bad for that matter. He's 22 and immature sometimes, and he and his friend were speeding and he made an awfully dumb decision to drive off when he was being pulled over. You're awful.

And we found a bonds person to do 1000, and his court date is soon.

How does it feel being incorrect?

Anyways, any further replies I would like to be actual answers to my inquiries thanks :)

You do realize that most public defenders have their own or work for a private firm right? It's not the bumbling first time lawyer you see on TV. My ex had a PD and he has a 20+ year career and has a private firm. I think even the county attorney did too. But he won't get a public defender if he can afford an attorney.

Anything is possible in any situation. I can't believe you bailed him out though...I'd say walk away from this as soon as you can.

You do realize that most public defenders have a bad rep for being mediocre and settling, hence my reasonable question

Your reply is incredibly ignorant and presumptuous. He doesn't do any drugs at all, or anything inherently bad for that matter. He's 22 and immature sometimes, and he and his friend were speeding and he made an awfully dumb decision to drive off when he was being pulled over. You're awful.

Anyways, any further replies I would like to be actual answers to my inquiries thanks :)

Good luck, and thank you so much for your compliments and very thoughtful response.

You do realize that most public defenders have a bad rep for being mediocre and settling, hence my reasonable question

No not all of them do actually. My ex's told him not to take the state's plea deals until the very last one in which they significantly dropped the charges and jail time.

Again many of them have a private practice or have been in private practice and have been lawyers for decades. If he can afford a lawyer he's not getting a PD anyway.

Your reply is ignorant and you're ignorant to the way the world works.

Good luck probably never seeing that money again.

Your reply is ignorant and you're ignorant to the way the world works.

Good luck probably never seeing that money again.

My friend, our new friend seems to know what she's doing.
She loves the guy who made a silly, little mistake that those evil cops made a big deal out of nothing.
Sucks to have to spend $1,00 for something you didn't do.
I'm sure you join me in wishing her and her wonderful, very special friend the best of luck.

Here's hoping they both get EVERYTHING and MORE they've got coming to them.

May that dear little leprechaun throw plenty of gold coins at them both, as he does what them cute, green little leprechauns does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back