What Should I do ?

I

iwaswrong2yearsago

Jurisdiction
Florida
Two years ago I got fired from a Amscot a financial service in Florida for theft. The amount was $500 they claim they had evidence, the money was missing from an other employee drawer. I was lucky they didn't call the police. I did took the money and I regret it that was the best job I had in my whole life. I was younger, pregnant and in bad situation but those are no excuse for what I did. I learn my lesson and promise myself to never do such thing again. Since I lost this job it's impossible to find a job.

• Is it possible that they put it on my employment record even if they did call the police?
  • If it is in my employment rrecord is there a way to remove it?
  • Is there anything I can do for them to forgive me?
  • Since I didn't see the footage was I supposed to ask to see it? If so can I still ask to see it?

There is no such thing as an "employment record." For you to have a police record, you would have to be convicted and you would know. No there really isn't anything you can do to get them to forgive you. It will always remain a fact that you stole from them and if any potential employer calls for a reference, they can honestly say that you stole from them. Since you admit that you took the money, there is really no need to see any video footage. There is a little bit of hope for you. Not all employers will actually call former employers for references. Keep applying. Apply for jobs that do not involve cash handling. Network with friends and family. Someone you know may be sympathetic to your situation and be willing to give you another chance.

There is no such thing as an "employment record." For you to have a police record, you would have to be convicted and you would know. No there really isn't anything you can do to get them to forgive you. It will always remain a fact that you stole from them and if any potential employer calls for a reference, they can honestly say that you stole from them. Since you admit that you took the money, there is really no need to see any video footage. There is a little bit of hope for you. Not all employers will actually call former employers for references. Keep applying. Apply for jobs that do not involve cash handling. Network with friends and family. Someone you know may be sympathetic to your situation and be willing to give you another chance.
Thank you for answering so fast.
. it really helps

Just

• Just to make sure when they do a employment background doesn't it says I was fired for theft?

Yes, if you offer THAT former employer as a reference.

Many people in your position FAIL to mention such employment.

I'm, not telling YOU to do that, just telling you what others do to be successful.

But if you fail to mention an employer that you were with for anything longer than about a month, prospective employers ARE going to ask you what you were doing that time and unless you plan to lie, you'd better have an answer prepared.

If you lie and get caught, that will be still another job you are fired from. It is much, much easier for you to get caught than you probably realize.

You just need to keep applying for jobs. However, do not lie to a prospective employer.

Good luck.

I truly believe that honesty is the best policy, but realize that honesty is probably going to preclude you from any jobs where money is handled. And if I had an employee steal from me, yes, I would tell a prospective employer about it if asked for a reference.

So I would try for jobs that don't handle money (receptionist, day care, services, cleaning, delivery/driving, etc) or if you can try to go back to school for some type of certification or degree that allows you to get into a service type position.

Good luck!

You might try applying for "behind the scenes" jobs such as stocking shelves, chef/cook, maintenance.....

If you are offered a low paying job, you might want to accept it until you can build up your reputation & then apply for higher paying positions.

Good luck.

Again to clarify there is no database for an employment background check. If a potential employer calls THAT employer they may say that you stole from them.

Back