what should i do ?

K

kokita

Jurisdiction
California
my landlord claimed that i damaged the counter top which is kind of a very old one i used it as normal wear and tear .She changed the whole counter top .and now i received a letter where she she said that she took the whole deposit regarding the counter top .the day after she post on our out door the 3 days notice where she asked me to deposit $209 as an additional sum also she said that i must replenish my deposit which is 1350 . please help

Please use proper grammar as it makes your post very difficult to understand. You damaged a countertop. Your landlord charged you for it using your security deposit. So far, nothing unusual. Are you now being evicted?

Let me see if I can translate the language of the Kokita.

1 - Landlord repaired or replaced the counter top.
2 - It cost $209.
3 - The landlord took the $209 out of your security deposit.
4 - The landlord asked you for the $209 to replace that money.
5 - You didn't pay it so the landlord gave you a 3 day notice to pay or vacate the premises.

If I am incorrect in any of that, please clarify the situation chronologically so we can understand what happened and list the dates of each event starting with the date that the landlord discovered the condition of the counter top.

And, by the way, did you take photos of the counter top's condition before it was repaired or replaced?

And are you still living there or have you moved out? Have the 3 days passed?

Kind of seems like she is saying the total cost to replace the counter top was $1559.00 which seems excessive, but $209 seems too little.

Back