what should I do

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonino

They say is the law by the fire dept.in Arizona for 1 bedroom.
and only aloud two people for the apartment at all times to occupy the apartment.
and my wife is pregnant with two babies.
I do not want to break the lease, I have until july/2014.
I just find out about this law, what can I do.
I just move to Arizona 8 months ago from Florida.

The law is likely a local statute if it exists. Generally, babies, newborn, are not counted within the lease they occur as they can be bedded in the same room as their parents. If you tell us the city/county, perhaps we can discover more for you.

We need answer to disagreeable's question but congratulations on twins!

thank you for your reply and its in Flagstaff Arizona, and also I would like to mention that on top of this issue my mother in law coming to stay for 3 months at the apartment to assist with the newborns. on my lease it says only me and my wife can be living on the apartment but the mother in law is just visiting for 3 months and the newborns being born, that's my interpretation, Thanks

Tenancy there is governed by state law. It sounds like this is where the information is coming from. Presumably, to some extent pregnancy is an act of God. Birth certainly is. Though you need to notify your landlord and move when your lease is up, you should be fine until then.

F. Nothing in this section shall prohibit a person from refusing to rent a dwelling by reason of reasonable occupancy standards established by the owner or the owner's agent which apply to persons of all ages, and which have been adopted and published before the event in issue. An occupancy limitation of two persons per bedroom residing in a dwelling unit shall be
presumed reasonable for this state and all political subdivisions of this state.

http://www.azhousing.gov/azcms/uploads/PUBLICATIONS/Landlord Tenant Act -12-31-12.pdf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back