What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruby55

In October of 1980 I married a man. After 2 months of marriage, we separated. Since Jan of 1981 I have not seen or heard from him. I could not afford a divorce at the time, and my financial circumstances are even worse at this time. In Jan of this year, 2005, I met a man and we want to be married sometime this year. I did a search on the
http://www.tdh.state.tx.us/bvs/registra/mdindx.htm in the marriage and divorce records to find out if the man I was married to in 1980 had obtained a divorce in these ensuing years. I did find out some facts that confirmed what his sister had told me years ago.

In 1971, He married wife No.1.
In 1975, He married wife No.2.
In 1977, He divorced wife No.1 (he used a variation spelling of his first name when he obtained this divorce.)
In 1980 (August) He divorced wife No.2.
In 1980 (October)He married wife No.3 (me)
Looking further into the years, His name shows up again in 1987 when he married wife No. 4.
Between 1981 and 1987 there is no record of a divorce between he and I. Could he have gotten an annulement with out me being notified?

All I have is our marriage license. I have no paper showing his social security number or anything. What should I do? I want to get this issue resolved but can't afford attorney fees.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back