What should I do??

Status
Not open for further replies.

blondye

Ok here is the situation. My husband and kids live in TX cause he is in the navy. I have been married for 13 years. The kids and I went ot AR to visit family for 1 month over the summer ( which I do quite often). a week before I was to come home I recieved a call from my husband that he did not want me to return and he would send me all my stuff. He said he would not change his mind and it would be better for the kids and I if I just stayed in AR. Well I could not stay I came home and tryed to talk him out of it but I really think it is no use he has his mind set. He said he will pay the bills and pay for the new truck we bought 6 mts ago if I would just move out. he also said we can stay married untill i get on my feet in AR.

My main concern is that after i leave he will turn it all around and say that I left him and that I will get no support at all.

My Question is if I have him sign a letter stating that he is the one wanting the divorce and that he will pay for the things he said he would will it hold up in court.

I would like to get my kids back to AR to the can start to school there in August and not have to change schools...

Also I need to know if the devorce would take place in Ar or TX??

Please help...

You need to establish residency in AR before you can file there, and that usually is 6 months. So you cannot file there, you most likely would have to file in TX if you want to get the ball rollling now. The letter might hold up in court but if he stops paying, you cannot actually get him to pay anything until you file for divorce and ask for temp, alimony and child support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back