What should I do in a hit and run siituation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwacura

My girlfriend and I had a dealer vehicle for the weekend covered under their insurance. When we left the dealership we got side swiped by a teenager leaving a parking lot and we were on the main road. After she hit us she then sped away, but I followed her until we got her tag number. A cop was dispatched and they have verified the driver. The following day her insurance company contacted me and wanted to compensate me for my troubles. We are a little stiff from the accident, but I we don't need medical attention.

Can my girlfriend also seek compensation for her troubles? This accident was listed as a hit and run and I'm seriously pissed, because people do this kind of thing all the time. How much should I settle for and also I think my girlfriend should also file a claim. It's funny how the insurance co. wants to compensate me, but they didn't say anything about her (my girlfriend).

Thank you

What troubles does your girlfriend have?

You should settle for whatever damages were caused to you and her. There's the damage to the car. And since you didn't need medical attention you probably both have fairly minimal pain and suffering claims. You should visit your doctor to ensure you don't have any injuries before signing off on anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back