What Should I do about a Violation Message from Property Manager

Mike Corello

Jurisdiction
Florida
I had been served with a violation notice on my door to fix about 7 different things mow the grass, fix my door, replace the blinds, remove a wood fixture about 3 days before my rent was due saying that I would be charge $150 if I didn't comply. I ended up spending about $180 in parts, tools a mower from Home Depot and just today I paid my rent and got a receipt for the rent. When I saw him
he threatened to do another inspection. Now I own my home so he can't come inside from what I understand. If he does charge me $150 is there some kind of legal recourse I could have to stop this from being added to my rent? I live in Pinellas Park, Florida.

I was thinking of submitting this to the regional office that is over him but I don't know if this would do any good now that I've been given a receipt:

On March 28th 2019 I was giving a notice of Violation on my door for fixing up the door, the blinds and the lawn. I had since then spent $89.41 on parts to fix my door, blinds, and other parts of the house. I also spent another $19.23 for a drill.
Over the weekend from 3-29-2019 to 3-31-2019 I spent over four hours fixing up the various things you specified to fix.
I also spent another $89.00 for a RYOBI 13 in. 11 Amp Corded Electric Walk Behind Push Mower
and had spent about an hour cutting my lawn with it.
I ask that I be able to pay rent and live in the home that I OWN without having this $150 charge please!

I had then paid rent on 4/4 and got a receipt for paying rent.

But because I had cut wrong with the face of the door I then had to go back to Home Depot on 4/6 renting a Uhaul truck because I cut the wrong size for the door so I ended being charged $41 from Uhaul and another $46.57.

The thing I'm concerned about is that he says he's going to do another inspection on 4/10/19. If I'm charged $150 what legal recourse would I have against this?

Please see attached files. Thanks in advanced for any helpful advise.

Attachments

• DOC000.pdf
    113.1 KB · Views: 3
  • DOC001.pdf
    78 KB · Views: 3
  • DOC002.pdf
    121.6 KB · Views: 4
  • eReceipt.pdf
    4.7 KB · Views: 1
I had been served with a violation notice on my door to fix about 7 different things mow the grass, fix my door, replace the blinds, remove a wood fixture about 3 days before my rent was due saying that I would be charge $150 if I didn't comply.

You should comply with the demand or risk being eventually evicted.

Now I own my home so he can't come inside from what I understand.

You don't own a home you are RENTING.

If you resist PROVING to the landlord the items are fixed, not just saying you've fixed the items, you risk being served with a demand to vacate letter because you've breached the lease terms.

If you fail to leave as asked, you'll be sued and summoned to court.

Even if you settle the eviction lawsuit, it'll satin your record such that you'll never rent decent housing for decades!

I ask that I be able to pay rent and live in the home that I OWN without having this $150 charge please!

You don't own the home, pal, you're simply paying rent and have a leasehold to occupy the home as long as you obey the lease!

If I'm charged $150 what legal recourse would I have against this?

This isn't YET about legal rights.

It is so far about DUTIES and OBLIGATIONS you have a signatory to the lease.

I suggest you read the lease, or review the state statues on month to month tenancies, because if you resist you WILL be evicted in the end.

You don't own the home, pal, you're simply paying rent and have a leasehold to occupy the home as long as you obey the lease!

You missed something, Judge. There is a way he could own his home and pay rent. He could be living in a mobile home park where he owns the mobile home and rents the space, which is what I speculated. And, Lo and Behold!, the address on the notice comes back to a mobile home park in St Petersburg. :D

The thing I'm concerned about is that he says he's going to do another inspection on 4/10/19. If I'm charged $150 what legal recourse would I have against this?

That would depend on the terms and conditions of your space rental contract with the mobile home park, the rules of the park, and the Florida Mobile Home Park statute.

The statute is at:

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes :->2018->Chapter 513 : Online Sunshine

Read your rental agreement, the park rules, and the law and become knowledgeable of all three.

And above all, as Judge always says:

Please follow the rules.

Actually I DO OWN MY HOME AND I HAVE A TITLE THAT I CAN UPLOAD TOO...furthermore I just found out under the Florida Division of Corporations website that the property management company that I just paid rent to is a sole proprietorship that has an expired status. I'm not really sure what it means to me though.

This $150 charge that you are concerned with, is it specified in your rental agreement?

The notice says "NA" at the $150 thing meaning if you complied with repairing all the defects you wouldn't be charged.

And, yes, a follow up inspection to insure compliance is OK.

I spoke with the Regional Manager -- at least that's what he said he was--showed him my receipts and asked if he needed copies of them and he said no. He saw that I paid rent and said that it would be a week when business "opens" back up at which point they would do the inspection and let me know one way or the other.

And I tried to find my original rental agreement but only found part of it in which I've read over and over and saw nothing about $150 charge nor do I remember ever seeing it in the lease in the past.

Back