What should i ask for in compensation (Real Estate)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cole9113

About 5 months ago we bought a home, we were informed that the property we were purchasing had public sewer. So we intended on staying in the home for a couple years than building. On our closing reports, MLS detail sheet, and property disclosure forms they all state we have PUBLIC sewer. We moved in December when there was snow we had a friend do our home inspection, everything was fine UNTIL it became warm. Our building plans were denied due to we DO NOT HAVE PUBLIC sewer we have a leech bed and septic tank therefor can not build. Do we have legal right to sue. The Real Estate Company wants to meet for Mediation. Were thinking of asking for a Septic inspection, Pump out and $5000 should we be asking for more? Our land is valued at $11,2000 and over 50% is not able to be built on!

I personally would insist on the total amount necessary to hookup to public sewer if available in the area plus the cost for shutting down the septic tank.

Just curious, were you not surprised at not receiving a sewer bill for the past five months?

They made a material misrepresentation about the state of the property. I wouldn't start throwing around the word "fraud" without knowing a whole lot more about what they knew, but this is the sort of thing they should have known and disclosed. If you don't want to keep the property, ask for rescission. Contract cancelled, they get the property back, you get the money back. I don't know if you'll get it, but you might as well start there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back