what rights does the new girlfriend have

Status
Not open for further replies.

anamoski86

my boyfriend is going threw a divorce, his soon to be ex wife will not let me see his children that they have together. what legal rights do i have to see them, i will be living with him very soon, they have no worked out custody yet but as of right now the courts say i can not see the children and i dont know why i can not see them can someone please help me i dont know why she will not let me see her kids which love me her daugher has even written me notes saying she loves me and she will see me soon. What rights do i have to see their children, and how can a judge who hasnt seen me in court with them say i am not aloud the kids, she has custody of them right now and she brings her many boyfriends around the kids i have known my boyfriend for ten years but i am not aloud around his kids please help me

I don't think adultery confers visitation rights.

I really cant stand seniorjudge, I don't see how he managed to become a monitor. It would really depend on the laws around your area, but I would assume that you really have no rights since the children really have no TRUE connection to you as of yet. If you think about it, it would be like a student leaving a school (moving) and saying you better come see me every x days or I will press charges. You might be a predominate figure in her (daughter) life but you cant do much.

What I would do is have your boyfriend (her father) demand visitation rights (depending on the court situation) and just stay at his house/apt. during the time that she is there.

The bottom line here is that YOU have no legal rights to the children. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada. Mom does not have to let you do anything, regardless of how bad a mom she MIGHT be.

This fight is between mom and dad, and you have no legal standing. Even if you were married to dad, you still would have no real standing in this fight. It's great that the children have bonded to you, but bonding does not confer legal rights.

A question ... how come you don't just visit the kids when dad has custody? Is dad gone for some reason? I would think you can see them as much as you want when he has visitation.

Unless, of course, a court has found some good cause to legally bar you from the children. If that's the case, you may just be out of luck all around.

Sit back, be supportive, and let HIM take care of the legal issues.

- Carl

you are a legal nobody to bf's kids

my boyfriend is going threw a divorce, his soon to be ex wife will not let me see his children that they have together. what legal rights do i have to see them, i will be living with him very soon, they have no worked out custody yet but as of right now the courts say i can not see the children and i dont know why i can not see them can someone please help me i dont know why she will not let me see her kids which love me her daugher has even written me notes saying she loves me and she will see me soon. What rights do i have to see their children, and how can a judge who hasnt seen me in court with them say i am not aloud the kids, she has custody of them right now and she brings her many boyfriends around the kids i have known my boyfriend for ten years but i am not aloud around his kids please help me

mom doesnt have to let you see them. they are not YOUR children. perhaps the court banned you from seeing them because you overstepped your bounderies. they should not be calling YOU mom( they already have a mother) you should not be inserting yourself in legal matters concerning the children( since you are not a parent, its legally none of your business. let mom and dad fight it out, and keep your nose out of it). YOU have no say over these children, no legal rights to these children, and no legal standing to do anything concerning these children.YOU ARE NOT THEIR PARENT.

Bit Harsh Dont You Think?

mom doesnt have to let you see them. they are not YOUR children. perhaps the court banned you from seeing them because you overstepped your bounderies. they should not be calling YOU mom( they already have a mother) you should not be inserting yourself in legal matters concerning the children( since you are not a parent, its legally none of your business. let mom and dad fight it out, and keep your nose out of it). YOU have no say over these children, no legal rights to these children, and no legal standing to do anything concerning these children.YOU ARE NOT THEIR PARENT.

it is very much her business it is something that involves her boyfriend whom she seems very commited to. You are right she does not have any legal rights but truly she is going to be a part of this kids life and a part of the fathers life. If the child is calling her mom maybe its because she feels very close to this women. there is nothing wrong with that....as long as the child decided to do it on her own and isnt being told to do it by the father of the girlfriend. As far as the courts not allowing you around the children that amazes me. Is there something that you are not telling us? did the mother make you out to be inappropriate. maybe once the divorce is final things will be differant. sometimes the courts will limit the time a gf or bf spends with the child to ensure the child is getting one on one time with the parent....but not usually banning them from visitation period. If you two were married you would have legal rights.

If you two were married you would have legal rights.

And how is that? I suggest you reread SJ's post. Even if she marries the guy she has no rights as far as the children are concerned.

It would really depend on the laws around your area,

The laws are the same in every state regarding a girlfriend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back