What rights are CPS and the POLICE violating of mine

HannieBownanie

1) A detective from a police department had detained my daughter and took her away from me without a court order or a Warrent to do so.
2)The detective "felt" my daughter was unsafe due to domestic violence and "thought" I was under the influence of narcotics so she grabbed her and took her to cps.
3)now cps is keeping her because of my PAST history drug use
4) Cps was court ordered to give me 1 visit a week for 1 hour supervised but I didn't get a visit this week because "they didn't have time"
5) I asked the supervising worker if she could fill out that she was authorized to watch my visitation she declined.
6) there is no physical evidence of any of their allegations.
What rights and amendments are they violating of mine?

This is all in the state of California
1) A detective from a police department had detained my daughter and took her away from me without a court order or a Warrent to do so.
2)The detective "felt" my daughter was unsafe due to domestic violence and "thought" I was under the influence of narcotics so she grabbed her and took her to cps.
4) Cps was court ordered to give me 1 visit a week for 1 hour supervised but I didn't get a visit this week because "they didn't have time"
5) I asked the supervising worker if she could fill out that she was authorized to watch my visitation she declined.

So far, other than missing one visit, none.

Appears that the police are able to articulate a reasonable suspicion that your daughter was at risk.

And, obviously, you haven't revealed the real story from the start. You've only posted enough to make you look like a victim.

This is all in the state of California

The Internet is for funny memes, games, shopping, NOT for legal advice on IMPORTANT matters!

This link EXPLAINS your rights and how you can receive court appointed counsel, read it, then do it:

http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/dependencycourt-pamphlet-bw.pdf

Read the info on these links, and ask CPS for a court proceeding, which means you'll receive a court appointed lawyer:

Child Protective Services - Sacramento Attorney - The Law Offices of Edward Misleh, APC

Ultimately a judge would have had to agree to remove the child.Police and CPS can do it initially based on their belief, but the judge has to approve it for it to last. This was apparently accomplished.
As above, other than the one missed visit I don't see anything wrong... and it is not clear if you contributed to the missed visit.

Way to bury the lede here. Why was a police officer even around your child? I presume she didn't snatch her off the street one day out of the clear blue sky. What domestic violence? Why would anyone think you are under the influence of narcotics? How does either CPS or the police know your medical history? If this has already been to court then you already had an opportunity to provide your side of the story and explain why the police and CPS were mistaken.

Absent clear and complete facts, no one can comment intelligently on your question. The facts you provided are neither clear nor complete. Consult with a local attorney.

Well if there's a court order on you for visitation then there's a court order. You should probably hire a lawyer and fight this.

Not sure you're giving us the whole story so hard to tell but police don't just randomly snatch kids from their parents because they "thought" something.

Back