what r my rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarnap

:angel hi. im a single mum i am almost 26 i jus moved to a country town a very small one...
i do not hold a drivers liscense. last week our local copper pulled up in my drive way some 5 minutes after i was driving and issued me with a failure to hold a drivers liscens charge and 2 days later came around with the summons for court which is this tuesday..
now i accept it is illegal to drive with out a DL i only jus bought the car and was planning on getting my Learners the following pension day.. any way.. i have 2 young children i play hockey on saturdays.. now saturday gone it was raining and cold, i decided to drive to hockey .. the hockey field is only 200 meters from my house. . i drove so my 2 girls would have some where dry to sit while i was playing my game..
we walked home afterwards as the rain stopped and jus in case i did not want to have them in the car if i got pulled over..
a while later i decided to walk down get the car and bring it bac.. on the way home the local cop ELLIOTT WATTS drove past me.. an hour later he turned up on my door i answerd the door and he said :have you showered yet" i reply no , he sadi "allright ur under arrest get in the back" i asked if i could walk to police station as it is only one house away from mine .. he sternly said no.. put me in the back and took me to the station . formly charged me finger printed me etc.. then he release me on 1000 bail..

now i accept im in the wrong..
but where is the justice..
easter sunday i was in my friends car and the same constable pulled us over my friend was driving nerly 20 km over the speed limit.. and he let her off on a warning.. i also know of others he has let off with a warning for speeding...

if this cop could turn blind eye to these matters. i cant see why he has acted so harshly on me.. im not askin for special treatment ...
can some one get back to me.. there is a bit more to this as well
i need some advice
from single mum with no support living in the wheat belt

What, exactly, is your legal question for us?

Also what country are you posting from, doesn't sound as if it's USA.

Well, that is an unfortunate turn of events. However, as you already admit your guilt in this case, there is little to do as, I am just assuming, that you already told the cop that you did do what he accused you of. In Texas, and I am not sure about the other states, but at least 80% percent of convictions are done by the Defendant admitting their guilt one way or the other.
The best thing to do next time you run into a cop is to remain silent, there is nothing you can do to convince them to leave your alone, Nothing. Just remember that the next time.

As the police Officer didn't even record you driving your vehicle, it was going to be your word against the police officers! No other witness to the events at all. I would also recommend that you don't testify in court to anything, but cross examine the officer and ask him if he personally observe your driving your vehicle?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back