What lawsuit should I file for unfair bond collection /debt collection from employer?

U

ueharajohji

Jurisdiction
Asia
I and my coworker were sent to another country for training , the training cost is around 5000 USD per person including the Accommodation , plane ticket, and camp fee. After the training, my salary was the same and I realized they were aiming for a slaved labor/bond labor. I decided to leave and I was scared of a lawsuit so I paid the 60% (3000 USD) of the bond and promise to pay the remaining 40% little by little. But last week I got a news from my coworker( the one with the same bond ) and he was fired for incompetence but they are allowing him to leave without paying anything/damage. I feel like this company is forcing me to pay the bond because I can pay the said bond and I feel like I am also shouldering my coworkers bond since he got away without paying anything.

tl:dr I paid the bond to quit my previous company but my coworker who is also bonded got fired but didn't paid a penny.

This site applies to US law so I doubt that we can be of help to you since you are apparently in Tokyo.

You will need to get legal advice where you and your employer are located.

My wild guess, however, is that your payment and your agreement to pay the balance eliminates any chance of recovering any of the money.

But do run it by an attorney and review your options.

Back