What Kind of Authority Does a Judge have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahudson73

Here is a question or a couple questions.
I had a lawsuit some time ago and settled with the company and had it put in a trust so it would be safe for my kids future and our needs.
The lawyer we had placed it in a special needs trust after the paper work was signed then the lawyer added Irrevocable special needs trust to the paperwork that was signed. On top of that when during the court proceedings we all agreed then the judge adds at the tail end that anything to do with the trust has to go thru him for the final decision on use. Can the Judge do this and what are my rights and authority because when I talk to my lawyer and the trustee, my lawyer appointed, I get the run around from the lawyer and the trustee says the things that are actual needs are not needs. What can I do ?

Ahh, the old special needs trust. It's a very difficult trust from which to get money. I suggest you take the final judgment to another attorney and ask him/her to explain it to you. Essentially, that s how it works. We had one or our single, adult son. He was in a coma for 11 years, the result of medical malpractice. It was effective and useful for his medical needs. He passed away a month ago. The residual amount will go to his two adult daughters.

It'll cost about $500-1,000 to get your answers. It might be less. But, it's far too complicated to explain over the Internet. Each one has some unique provisions. Read your final order. You can also consult with the bank trustee for free. You might wish to arrange an appointment and spend an hour (face to face) to seek clarification and understanding.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back