What kind if guardianship

Pcherry

Jurisdiction
New Mexico
My boyfriends son was suspended from school for being accused of having a home made weed pipe , when searched they found nothing , but yet still suspended for 10 days..after the ten days I took him to school and the super attendant put him iss until we have meeting with their lawyer and mediator. I then called my boyfriend at work he told me to pull him (Tyler) out of school so we can homeschool him. The super attendant let me take him out of school without talking to Dustin (boyfriend) or getting my Id. What can I do about that? Also, Dustin can't homeschool him cause he works plus he doesn't have a GED or diploma. I on the other hand do. But I'm not a guardian if Tyler. Dustin has soul custody of him and he wants to give me some type of guardianship to where I can home school him, what type of paper do I need to get to be able to so this?

This won't end well for Dustin and his son.
I suggest you stand your ground, and stay out of the mess Dustin is creating.

Sooner or later the police or child services will come around, asking questions, maybe even with a court order to snatch the child.

You might wish to advise Dustin to seek the legal counsel of a NM licensed attorney.

Someone has that pipe.
Someone is wondering how a child got such a pipe.
Someone is very clever, crafty, and curious.

I suggest you tell Dustin that children aren't chattel.
Parents can't simply sign over the title to their children like one would do when selling a car.

For you to obtain guardianship of Dustin's kid would require Dustin to go to court and request it.
If he did,it would never happen.

Dustin is making big trouble for himself and his kid.
I suggest you stay neutral, even if it requires you to move out.

NM, TX, and LA have tough laws against weed use, and using weed in the presence of children.

Be very careful, ma'am, trouble could be coming your way.

The super attendant let me take him out of school without talking to Dustin (boyfriend) or getting my Id. What can I do about that?

Do about what?

You went to pick up the kid. The super attendant (?) apparently was satisfied that the kid was in good hands. Why make a federal case out of it?

Dustin can't homeschool him cause he works plus he doesn't have a GED or diploma. I on the other hand do. But I'm not a guardian if Tyler. Dustin has soul custody of him and he wants to give me some type of guardianship to where I can home school him, what type of paper do I need to get to be able to so this?

I'm not sure that's necessary.

According to the NM statute 22-1-2.1 "Any person operating or intending to operate a home school shall: C. provide instruction by a person possessing at least a high school diploma or its equivalent."

That tells me that Dustin can "operate" the home school and provide instruction by you.

Keep in mind, though, that the statute also requires him to:

"A. submit a home school registration form made available by the department and posted on the department's web site to notify the department within thirty days of the establishment of the home school and to notify the department on or before August 1 of each subsequent year of operation of the home school;

B. maintain records of student disease immunization or a waiver of that requirement"

2015 New Mexico Statutes :: Chapter 22 - Public Schools :: Section 1 :: General Provisions :: Section 22-1-2.1 :: Home school; requirements.

Dustin can do the registration online at:

New Mexico Home Schools

This won't end well for Dustin and his son.
I suggest you stand your ground, and stay out of the mess Dustin is creating.

Sooner or later the police or child services will come around, asking questions, maybe even with a court order to snatch the child.

You might wish to advise Dustin to seek the legal counsel of a NM licensed attorney.

Someone has that pipe.
Someone is wondering how a child got such a pipe.
Someone is very clever, crafty, and curious.

I suggest you tell Dustin that children aren't chattel.
Parents can't simply sign over the title to their children like one would do when selling a car.

For you to obtain guardianship of Dustin's kid would require Dustin to go to court and request it.
If he did,it would never happen.

Dustin is making big trouble for himself and his kid.
I suggest you stay neutral, even if it requires you to move out.

NM, TX, and LA have tough laws against weed use, and using weed in the presence of children.

Be very careful, ma'am, trouble could be coming your way.

For one he was suspended because of hear say...some other kid got caught with weed and he told the principle that he supposedly saw Tyler with a home made weed pipe made from a sharpie... Tyler and Dustin both don't smoke weed and there is a drug test to prove that, so how is Dustin causing problems for them both? Also, the super attendant is related to them by marriage and he does not like Dustin at all, so he is always trying to get Tyler out of school. That's why that morning I was able to take Tyler out of school. Mr. Moyer typed up a piece of paper stating that I was taking Tyler out of school and homeschooling him.

Do about what?

You went to pick up the kid. The super attendant (?) apparently was satisfied that the kid was in good hands. Why make a federal case out of it?

I'm not sure that's necessary.

According to the NM statute 22-1-2.1 "Any person operating or intending to operate a home school shall: C. provide instruction by a person possessing at least a high school diploma or its equivalent."

That tells me that Dustin can "operate" the home school and provide instruction by you.

Keep in mind, though, that the statute also requires him to:

"A. submit a home school registration form made available by the department and posted on the department's web site to notify the department within thirty days of the establishment of the home school and to notify the department on or before August 1 of each subsequent year of operation of the home school;

B. maintain records of student disease immunization or a waiver of that requirement"

2015 New Mexico Statutes :: Chapter 22 - Public Schools :: Section 1 :: General Provisions :: Section 22-1-2.1 :: Home school; requirements.

Dustin can do the registration online at:

New Mexico Home Schools

The registration has already been done, but I was reading some of the laws and it says that a parent/guardian with high school diploma or ged can homeschool that child/children. As well as have proof of that along with everything else...so what ur saying is Dustin can just write a letter saying that he is giving me the permission to homeschool him and have it notarized.

We live in fort Sumner new mexico there r no other schools just that on . Plus he wanted out of school anyways, apparently his aunt is getting him ready to take his ged

Back