Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders what is the sentence for rape

Status
Not open for further replies.

copper

I've just started on a paper that concerns sexual abuse and rape, and I'm having trouble finding what the sentence for a rape is, or what circumstances can change that sentence. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Crimes for rape and sexual abuse vary from state to state. Note that there is federal law concerning rape and sexual abuse but this is limited to areas where federal law governs, e.g. a federal prison. One interesting area to cover is the burden of proof required to convict someone of a sexual crime.

Rape Sentences

In Colorado the sentence for rape varies from probation to life in prison depending on the seriousness of the offense or offenses. On an average, or rough estimate, most sentences at the state level are 3 to 10 years with the requirement of registering with local law enforcement as a sex offender which depending on the seriousness, a person is required to register every three months or once every year. Colorado Statutes can be accessed over the web site search "State Of Colorado". Hope this helps in your research

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back