What is the job of the barrister?

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk2009

what is the job of the barrister? What do they do in the court proceedings?
I am apperently only allowed to see the barrister once, for 2 hours which I have had done but did not like it at all. This was to "prepare" for a PCMH (where you plea guilty/not guilty) however the barrister did not go through the statements but only of the accuser and only 1 page of it.

she never understood my situation really, did not ask questions about the whole thing, and had already made her mind up and that she pretty much wants to help the opposition.

she seemed very arrogant yet the solicitors (who i dont trust anyway) use her all the time and the barrister has 12 years experience of such cases but mine is minor compared to the one she deals with.

i am very worried and sick. i was looking forward to this conference and it went completely pear shaped and i am never going to see the barrister again until just before the trial.

i dont even know what she is doing or preparing/presenting! i have such solid questions to ask or the questions she should be asking and investigating but its like she doesnt even want to do that or know!

You can fire her in open court.
I would not wait that long.
If you can not work with her, I suggest you contact The Bar Council.
A barrister is governed by The Bar Council in the UK and Wales.
They have a website and contact information.

thanks army judge.
I did find someone else however the solicitor today (after a week long last week trying to get one of them to ring me or talk to them) said they wouldnt advise it and that they have always used her and trust her....

plus said that the are not really wanting to be introduced or use another set of chambers as they would need to sell themselves in, it would take time plus they do not know how good the chambers or barrister is and would rather go with what they already know of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back