What Is Considered Defamation

Status
Not open for further replies.

TINYTRAX

My Husbands Current Employer Accused His Of Doing Drugs On The Job. He Did This In Front Of Other Employees And Customers. My Husband Passed A Drug Test The Very Next Day. Is This Defamatiom?

Where are you getting this. He was acussed and his drug test proved otherwise. One can be accused of anything for varous legit reasons. There is no defamation here

You do not know what the employer is doing or not doing and no this is not defamation. Perhaps the real solution is to seek new employment. Nothing illegal took place and ther eis no defamation here as well. His character was cleared by test

But We Do Know What Is Going On There. Some Of The Other Employees Havecome In Clearly Drunk And High On Drugs. And Nothing Ever Said Or Done. As For Looking For A New Job. That Is Extremly Hard As His, My Husband Has A Criminal Record And Is Currently On Probation For Something He Didn't Do. And The Employer Called His P.o. Trying To Get Him In Trouble.

Did I Mention That There Is Only About7-8 People On The Shift He Works. That's How He And I Know What Goes On There.

Nothing you have posted changes my original answer sorry. Again I suggest he look for new employment elsewhere as this job seems like a dead end

Did I Mention That There Are Only About 7-8 Employees Who Work On That Shift. That Is How We Know Exactly Want Is Going On.

Even If The Employer Is Doing Drugs Himself. You Still Think He Has The Right To Cuss An Employee And Accuse Him Of Thing's Like That. Call His P.o. And Try To Get Him Locked Up. You Think That's Right?

I am not saying what is happening is fair what I am saying is its not illegal! He needs to find new employment as this job will likely result in more trouble

Ok what to play I will play. You should not marry felons! I gave you your legal answers dont shoot the messenger! I did not write the defamations laws or labor laws

I Married A Good Man Who Made Mistakes When His Was A Teenager. Who Then Took The Wrap The Protect My Son From A Mistake He Made. Would Your Dad Do Something Like That For You?

I Guess I'll Have To Contact An Actual Lawyer To Explain This To And Get Answers From Them. According To The Definition I Read The Employer Did Commit Defamation And Slander By Saying The Thing's He Said. I Had A Legit Question And Got Smart Remarks Back For It By Someone Who Doesn't Know That All Has Went On. Instead They Insult Someone When They Don't Know That Persons Reason For Doing The Thing's He's Done. Learn Not To Insult People.

This is not Time Warner. Operators are not standing by 24/7 to answer your call. This board is manned by volunteers who do this for free on their own time whenever they get a chance. I don't know where you are located but no matter what part of the US you are in it is after work hours, when many of the responders post, and it is close to midnight on the East Coast. Not many people are on line just now; I am only here myself by chance.

When you come onto a free board looking for free answers to your questions, a little patience would be a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back