What is a fair fee for review of condo docs and representing me at closing for condo purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onionsayswhat

Jurisdiction
Florida
I already had the P&S reviewed and paid an atty $333. He really didn't seem to know what he was doing. He claimed real estate was his practice, but I doubt that.

So I signed a P&S and now need an atty to help me review the condo docs., and represent me at closing.

What is a fair fee for that?

The property is in Clearwater Florida.

I suggest you call around to lawyers and ask them, instead of seeking speculation on the internet.

Figure on paying up to $1000.

I suggest you call around to lawyers and ask them, instead of seeking speculation on the internet.

Figure on paying up to $1000.

How would I know that the fee the quote is fair unless someone here has given me a range?

Btw- I did call around -and I got quotes from 150 to 750 simply for reviewing the P&S - not including the review of the condo docs and representing me at closing.

So the P&S has already been reviewed. I am asking specifically about the review of the condo docs and representing me at the closing - what a fair fee is.

Btw - there's lots of lawyers here and that is the purpose of this forum - to ask questions.

Calling around? I thought that is what I was doing by posting here just using a different mode of outreach
Most of the members of this site are not attorney's, but educated laypersons. That information is clearly stated at the bottom of every page on this site.

Call the Florida Bar Association and get several referrals. Choose the one that suits your needs.

The Florida Bar

Most of the members of this site are not attorney's, but educated laypersons. That information is clearly stated at the bottom of every page on this site.

Call the Florida Bar Association and get several referrals. Choose the one that suits your needs.

The Florida Bar
Wow - a law site w no lawyers. Amazing. and not it is not clearly posted. It's in there w a lot of other disclaimers that nobody ever reads. If you want people to see that - POST IT IN LARGE LETTERS LIKE THIS AT THE VERY TOP!

Wow - a law site w no lawyers. Amazing. and not it is not clearly posted. It's in there w a lot of other disclaimers that nobody ever reads. If you want people to see that - POST IT IN LARGE LETTERS LIKE THIS AT THE VERY TOP!
I already told you that I did call around - but I wanted to see what people here had to say. I did not realize this was NOT a resource.

The members of this site, and others like it, are volunteers. There are about a half dozen attorneys that volunteer here on a regular basis including the owner of TheLaw. When one is seeking general guidance for a legal matter, one should avail themselves of the TOS so one knows what they are getting.

After reading your posting history I see that you are belligerent to the volunteers that have attempted to assist you in the past. Perhaps you should pay an attorney to assist you.

The members of this site, and others like it, are volunteers. There are about a half dozen attorneys that volunteer here on a regular basis including the owner of TheLaw. When one is seeking general guidance for a legal matter, one should avail themselves of the TOS so one knows what they are getting.

After reading your posting history I see that you are belligerent to the volunteers that have attempted to assist you in the past. Perhaps you should pay an attorney to assist you.

You're the one who is belligerent. The name of the forum, is "LAW FORUM". What do you suppose that means? And don't bother to post to me - you've had nothing good to say from the beginning with your sour attitude.

You're the one who is belligerent. The name of the forum, is "LAW FORUM". What do you suppose that means? And don't bother to post to me - you've had nothing good to say from the beginning with your sour attitude.

That's funny - cause the link was, "ASK A LEGAL QUESTION". No need to answer but you're telling me it's NOT for legal questions even though it says, 'ASK A LEGAL QUESTION"! Hilarious!

You are not in control of who posts on this site or what threads they post to. The only "sour attitude" is the one you are exhibiting.

I know what law forum means because I read the TOS of this site when I joined. Anyone with sense would read the FAQ's of a site so they understand what it may or may not offer.

I think our usual participants would agree that's it's time to close the thread.

As mother would regularly tell me, "We'll see, son, we'll see".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back