What if wife doesn't not return with kids from trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn78

Ok we been having personal problems as a couple. We have 3 kids. We planned on going out of state (Phoenix AZ) driving for these Holidays but unfortunately Last night we argue like never before because of money issues for the trip.

Now i have decided not to go but I told her she can go, BUT now since I am not going she rather take a plane than driving 13 hours. I told her that I do not agree she taking the kids and flying over there, Obviously because we are tight on money.

So I don't know what is going to happen so my question is. What if she takes kid and doesn't come back as we agreed which is 11 days from Tomorrow Saturday.?

I don't agree she taking the kids to Arizona by plane. And I think she might just grab the kids and take off tomorrow.

I am concern about my kids. As myself been a victim from domestic violence, yes she talks like a man, and hits like a man but can not manage driving 13 hours down to Arizona? o lord!

If she takes the kids to AZ, that's her choice. You can't stop her.

You could take the kids to Florida. It would be your choice. She can't stop you.

If you have a joint bank account, she could go and withdraw all of the money. Nothing you could do, as long as her name is on the account. You could do the same thing, take all the money.

Say you had $2,500 in your account. Both names are on the account. She could withdraw $2450, or you could withdraw $2475.

Nothing the other one could do, but suffer.

I suggest you speak with a divorce lawyer.

But, if she goes to AZ and doesn't return, you'd have trouble serving her, and seeking a proper temporary visitation/custody/support order.

Your best bet is to discuss divorce with a lawyer.

Or, you might be discussing domestic violence (or worse) with a criminal defense lawyer.

Plus, what message are you sending to your children?

Anyway, you are equals in the USA.

Husband or wife, neither is superior, and neither can order the other one what to do or not to do.

See that lawyer, or this will only get worse, and end poorly.

You try suggesting that Mom should drive 13 hours instead of taking a flight, and you'll get laughed out of court so quickly you won't even realize until Mom's attorney fees hit your wallet.

AJ is correct. Mom is doing absolutely nothing wrong at this point.

They're her kids also. She can certainly take them by plane to Arizona.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back