Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft What happens now

Gooday

Its been one and half year this incident happend . my grandson caught shoplifting in new jersey of 200$ . but no police were called paid civil demand within 2 weeks. from then .he learnt a lesson. he is a changed man now. i could see difference in him. thats good for him.but now its been an year and half. it means this is over ?
Now he is going to join his dream job . and he is scared. what are their statute limit ? if its been one and half year. is the time limit is over ??

If he was an adult when he shoplifted, he "might be" in a retail theft database which member companies can report to & receive information from.

If he was an adult when he shoplifted, he "might be" in a retail theft database which member companies can report to & receive information from.
I mean to say he didnot hear anything from them till now. but heard that in newjersy 200$ is 4th degree and their sol is 5 years? so i want to know about it. is that true. or their sol is 1 year

Since the civil demand was paid, it's not likely any further action will be taken by the store. However; if he is in the National Retail Theft Database, he can remain there for 7 years.

I am a Retail Theft Consultant and answer questions like yours daily. The statute of limitations for a misdemeanor theft is no more than one hear so hes safe

Back