What happen and who fault?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hungluvphuong

My father were driving in a busy street. (6 lane 3 on each side, no pedestrian lane to cross over, He turning left at the green light, there were 4 kids running out from the Wendy and wanted to cross the street. It were dark and he didn't see them and since it the green light, everybody were turing. He hits them and did stop to call the police. What happen next and who is at fault??

My father were driving in a busy street. (6 lane 3 on each side, no pedestrian lane to cross over, He turning left at the green light, there were 4 kids running out from the Wendy and wanted to cross the street. It were dark and he didn't see them and since it the green light, everybody were turing. He hits them and did stop to call the police. What happen next and who is at fault??
What happened when he called the police? How badly hurt were the kids? Were the kids crossing a green "Walk" indication?

A steady green light indicates it is clear to go straight, but it still requires a turning vehicle to yield to pedestrians and cross traffic. It is possible that even if the kids crossed against the pedestrian indicator that your father could be at fault in the police report.

Keep in mind that there are two types of fault in a traffic collision: That which is assigned by the police investigation (usually used for license purposes) and that which is found by insurance companies and/or civil courts. The insurer is under no obligation to find the same party at fault as the police. In fact, in all states I am aware of the procedures for, law enforcement cannot assign percentages of blame so only ONE person is to blame for the crash. Insurers and civil courts can assign blame in percentages.

So, whether he is at fault or not will depend on a few more details, and will depend on WHICH assigner of fault you are referring to.

He should be able to get a copy of the police report within a couple weeks of the crash, I imagine.

What state was this in?

- Carl

He in Texas. I think everybody is OK, cause they still be able to communicate with EMT, and no bleeding at all. It a solid green light.

When my dad call the police to report the accident, since it is really dark outside and he told the police he didn't see them they just run out really fast and he didn't notice them until he hit them. The police came after the EMT have taken them to the hospital for check up, since the EMT didn't see any serious injury. We don't know what all the kid name or any info. The police didn't gave him any info except for the case number and his badge, no ticket.

He should get a copy of the report before he panics too much. AND he needs to let the insurance company know ASAP.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back