what forms do i need to file in order to move out of CA?

timnash

Jurisdiction
California
I have had primary custody for the last 8 years with the respondent have visitation on weekends. I have been with my wife for 6 years and she has raised my daughter along side of me. My wife got a really good job opportunity with great pay, benefits, etc. I ask permission from respondent to leave she said no and that week she called cps with false accusations (case is now closed, they found no truth to allegations), she's pulled multiple moves, and also filed court paperwork asking to completely shift the visitation. She currently has sat-sun visitations with the time equaling 33 hr/week. She also is requesting 50/50. I am going to file the motion to fix residence outside of ca and also have my response to her modification request. Ive done all my research about the schooling, crime rate etc. Im also offering rotating holidays and summer time with me paying for air fare. Are there any other paperwork I need to file? How likely is my case to move?

I have had primary custody for the last 8 years with the respondent have visitation on weekends. I have been with my wife for 6 years and she has raised my daughter along side of me. My wife got a really good job opportunity with great pay, benefits, etc. I ask permission from respondent to leave she said no and that week she called cps with false accusations (case is now closed, they found no truth to allegations), she's pulled multiple moves, and also filed court paperwork asking to completely shift the visitation. She currently has sat-sun visitations with the time equaling 33 hr/week. She also is requesting 50/50. I am going to file the motion to fix residence outside of ca and also have my response to her modification request. Ive done all my research about the schooling, crime rate etc. Im also offering rotating holidays and summer time with me paying for air fare. Are there any other paperwork I need to file? How likely is my case to move?

You file your motions, not forms, before the court.
You're in the process of doing so, all good.
Once you've filed, eventually you'll be allowed to argue your motion.
The other party argues her side.
The judge decides.
No one can predict, or even handicap your chances to prevail.

You're free to move anywhere you wish.
You're free to visit your child in CA as the court order allows.
If the order is modified, things might change.

During the school year, what's in the best interest of any child?
I submit to you, regular, uninterrupted school attendance.
Good luck.

I ask permission from respondent to leave she said no and that week she called cps with false accusations (case is now closed, they found no truth to allegations), she's pulled multiple moves, and also filed court paperwork asking to completely shift the visitation. She currently has sat-sun visitations with the time equaling 33 hr/week. She also is requesting 50/50.

No surprise there. She's seen her daughter every weekend for the last 8 years and now you're moving her daughter out of state.

That's just plain WRONG on so many levels.

I hope your wife understands that her increase in income is likely going to be spent on transportation and expenses for your daughter to go visit her mother or on child support when her mother gets custody.

Somebody wasn't thinking about the long range consequences of this "fabulous" job opportunity.

No surprise there. She's seen her daughter every weekend for the last 8 years and now you're moving her daughter out of state.

That's just plain WRONG on so many levels.

I hope your wife understands that her increase in income is likely going to be spent on transportation and expenses for your daughter to go visit her mother or on child support when her mother gets custody.

Somebody wasn't thinking about the long range consequences of this "fabulous" job opportunity.

You are responding to just a "piece" of information.
You do not know the details to the case and judging from your response, you must be one of the parents who only have "visitation". This "fabulous" job as you put it, will improve the lives of not only my child I am fighting for, but all of my children. I am also offering every opportunity for my daughter to come back and be with her mother. You are running off of emotion (you must be a woman) and not the fact that it is in the best interest of the child.
I have also consulted with my daughter, whom is of maturity level on the matter before it was even put into motion and she is excited about the move and WANTS to go.
It is hard to judge a whole case on a small piece of imformation. Have a nice day!

Back