What Forms Do I Have to File for Breach of Contract And/or Fraud?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabiocao1980

Hi There,

I need to file with LA Superior Court against someone for Breach of contract and fraud.On the LA SUperior Court Website there's a link to the forms page at the bottom of the page.
But i can't figure out which are the forms that i would need to file.Can someone help me out with this?
Also,I don't reside in the United States but in the UK so i would file the case by Fax.On the website it tells me that i need to file at the right branch based on my ZIP CODE,But i live outside the US and that doesn't apply to me so i can't figure out at which LA Branch shall i file?Shall i file at the closest court to the person's zip code i'm filing against?

Regards

If you file in the court in the county/zip code closest to the defendant, jurisdiction should be appropriate (this is usually the case even with the lowest courts of the land like small claims court.)

One of the biggest misconceptions about law is that once you get to court there are very few "forms." You have a civil action that requires a Complaint governed by the Civil Practice Act of the State that you are filing in. Are you filing in LA, California or LA Louisiana? Regardless, you can not just file and get results. Further you can not file by "fax." You have to mail it in. How much $$ are we talking about here. If it is under the jurisdictional limit of the small claims court in the state you can file there and probably do so without an attorney. If not, the likelihood of you being able to file from the UK and be successful without and attorney is almost nil. Let me know what other information I can help you with.

Why don't you tell us the situation and get our opinion on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back