WHAT DO YOU DO WITH A HOSPITAL MISTREATMENT OF YOUR LOVED ONE

jonsharkus

Jurisdiction
Wisconsin
I have a serious qestion about a very serious situation that I have not wavered in my belief since day one about my daughter, who is a wonderful human, but the hospital that took care of her until she passed, did a horrible job of taking care of her, and refused to do surgery while she lay in a coma.

I have medical records to prove this and the medical records were signed out by my daughter who passed.

I want information on how to approach a terrible set of situations that have been misguided by one legal agency, the district attorneys office of Walworth County, Wiscoinsin.

I have some serious issues with police reports also.

...the hospital that took care of her until she passed, did a horrible job of taking care of her, and refused to do surgery while she lay in a coma.

My sympathies on the death of your daughter. A few things to understand about this situation that you ought to be aware of. The first is that unless you yourself are a doctor or other medical expert you are likely not in a good position to determine if the hospital staff provided at least the minimum acceptable standard of care. There is a lot involved in determining that, and you need a medical expert to sort that out for you.

The first question is when this all occurred. Wisconsin has a statute of limitations to bring a medical malpractice lawsuit of 3 years from when the malpractice occurred or one year from the discovery of the malpractice, whichever is later, and in no event can the suit be brought after five years.

If you are still within the statute of limitations then take the medical records you have to a Wisconsin medical malpractice attorney. The attorney can have the records reviewed by an expert and determine if if appears that malpractice occurred and whether that malpractice was the cause of her death. The attorney can then discuss whether it is worthwhile for you or your daughter's estate to bring a medical malpractice/wrongful death claim against the hospital and doctors involved.

I want information on how to approach a terrible set of situations that have been misguided by one legal agency, the district attorneys office of Walworth County, Wiscoinsin.

I have some serious issues with police reports also.

Few deaths in a hospital result in criminal charges. It's very difficult to prove the criminal intent necessary to get a conviction. Most hospital staff do not intend for their patients to die. Negligence by itself is not criminal. In any event, the DA has the discretion to decide whether to bring charges and there is no way for you to force the DA to pursue criminal charges here. You gave the DA the information you had. As far as the criminal side of things, that's about all you can do.

Take your case file, and call around to the best of the best medical malpractice attorneys in your area. Some of them are even doctors who perform legal work on this but you need to keep in mind that malpractice suits are very costly and difficult to prosecute.

Back