What do we do if Cps is investigating us on a false accusation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chimichanga

About two weeks ago my boyfriend and our friend were standing in the entrance of my house, when a cps worker walked up to our front door. The main door was open so you could clearly see there were people standing there, but the storm door was closed. The worker then opened the storm door, without ringing the doorbell or knocking on the door. Our friend was closest to the door so assuming it was me, she just opened up the door. She asked the friend if he was **** at which time our friend said no. My BF stepped forward stating that he was who she was looking for. Immediately after anouncing who he was she walked right into our house, without a warrant, stating who she was and that there had been an anonymous report filed about child abuse/child negligence and she was investigating it. The report also stated there was thought to be frequent drug traffic and that we smoke drugs infront of our child which is completely false. . She asked my BF some questions about these allegations as he was trying to fix my daughters lunch so he was occupied taking care of what our kid needed first and foremost. She asked him where I was and when could she get a hold of me so he told her where and what I was gone doing. She took a few notes and she left. I arrived home no more than 20 minutes later. THe CPS contacted me and since we felt theres nothing to hide I set a time to allow this worker to come back for my turn. She returned 12 days after the 1st time. My BF left with our daughter because she doesn't deserve to have to be around that kind of negative energy. If someones job is to rip a family apart by taking innocent children of loving parents away then that isn't the type of vibe we want her to be subjected to. She rang the doorbell, and I opend both doors while she stood outside this time and introduced herself at which time I allowed her in. She asked me if I knew why she was here and I made it known I wanted to hear that answer from her. She told me alomst exactly what she did my BF but I was more better prepared as well with my own questions because I knew when she was coming but she completely got him by a shock. She told me that on the 15th a young man was seen getting out of a vehicle and and came into the house and bought drugs from my bf and that this accuser made this report the following day on the 16th. This supposive person stated to know us through when we went to high school. My BF and I didnt go to school together because I didnt even graduate from where we live now. She accused myself and my BF of being drug dealers and then asked how I felt about it, it's probably the most far fetched absurd thing I have ever heard. I asked her if this source was ever investigated or questioned to see their reliability and she stated that there was no questioning of the reliability of the person making these allegations. So with that said, I dont know if this is someones way of just starting trouble because of jelously or hate os what? She told me that I dont have a right to know who is falsely accusing us of this. the only way is if it went to trial for some "weird" reason. She tLked to me for about an hour or so And asked to see the house I firmly said no but allowed her into my daughters room so she could know that she has a bed to sleep on, books, family pics, activities and things that a responsible parent who has their familys interests in sight would place in the room. Im sure this is nothing compared to some of the conditions some of the truely in need of help live in. We are a loving family. my BF has 9 brothers and sisters as well as both parents have 10 + siblings so if there is traffic, its 95% family. She told me she wants to come back to investigate further to find out what kind of people we are and what makes my BF and myself who we are. She also wanted to discuss our views on family life and discipline with our daughter. This is the most degrading thing that has ever happened to myself and family and I feel that whatever rights we may have are not being honored or addressed. I don't have anything further to say to this woman I feel that she is now over stepping her boundaries and only prolonging this to try to uncover anything thaT could be used against us to take our precious child away. We have done so much research but can someone help us or give some guidance as to what needs to be done to get back my good name and most importantly to not have this emotional distress that is uncalled for? Can we sue?

Last edited:
On what would your suit be based?

You ratted yourself out.

You did not have to speak to her.

You have the constitutional right to remain silent.

You and your boyfriend should have used it.

You also should have not permitted her into your home, without a warrant.

You and he let the cat out of the bag on this one.

Going forward, make no more statements to her or anyone about anything.

Allow no one to enter your home without a warrant.

You should also hire an attorney.

Provide him/her with all the details surrounding this escapade.

Never, ever, ever talk to the police or government officials about anything, without the presence of your attorney.

Never allow anyone into your home without a warrant.

If there is any basis to this investigation, clean up your act.

They are wise to your activities.

I suppose they have also apprised the police of your activities.

Be careful of who you allow around your kids.

Thank you for the advice. We had no idea of what our rights were until after the fact. When he told me what happened and what he said, I couldnt think of anything else but to try to correct it. What do I do if she contacts me? tell her I have nothing left to say and leave it at that. What will an attorney be able to do for us? This is very overwhelming so I appreciate whatever insight.

Thank you for the advice. We had no idea of what our rights were until after the fact. When he told me what happened and what he said, I couldnt think of anything else but to try to correct it. What do I do if she contacts me? tell her I have nothing left to say and leave it at that. What will an attorney be able to do for us? This is very overwhelming so I appreciate whatever insight.

An attorney can prevent them from taking your kids.
If they contact you again, you politely say, "My attorney has advised me to make no further statement regarding this matter."

Believe me you are excused for not knowing your Constitutional Rights when it comes to CPS. They operate off of the scare tactic that they are "government" and they will tell you to your face that you have no "constitutional rights" because theirs is a civil investigation. Cease any and all communications with them. Anything you say CAN AND WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU. They have little or no power to force you to do anything. Notify your child's school and each teacher in writing that CPS is not to speak with your child without you and your attorney present. Do not show them anything. Nothing. Zilch. Nada.

When they come to your front door tell them that you are not a drug user, or seller and you have nothing to say to them. Tell them to leave your property. If they want to see your child, bring your child to the front door and they can SEE them. Do not let them talk to the child, especially alone. If they will not leave you alone, contact an attorney immediately and tell them they are to speak with your attorney.

I can't tell you how many fouled up cases I have seen with CPS. I shouldn't blast all of the CPS agents, they have an important job to do but they are NOT cops, they have NO real investigative power, but they will lie and use fear to make you cooperate when you should not do so at all.

If they threaten to take your kids if you do not cooperate, ignore them. I know that's hard, but if they can take your kids they are going to anyway. Get an attorney and send them packing.

Good luck because they can be a plague. CPS is the worst of a communist society.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back