Personal Bankruptcy what do i do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanessa

I was served papers on a medical bill I di not know I was served fast forward 5 yrs I found out it went to court it was 800 now it is 10,000 I am leasing a car with a co signer I am on welfare I cant pay should I file bakruptsy and if so how

I was served papers on a medical bill I di not know I was served fast forward 5 yrs I found out it went to court it was 800 now it is 10,000 I am leasing a car with a co signer I am on welfare I cant pay should I file bakruptsy and if so how

You can discuss a potential bankruptcy filing with any local bankruptcy attorney.

Bankruptcy filings are no longer as easy as they were 7 or so years ago.

From what you say, it would appear you might be eligible.

No harm or cost in discussing bankruptcy with a couple local bankruptcy lawyers.

But, from what you say (you're on welfare, have no other income or assets), so why bother?

Bankruptcy filing will cost you at least $3,000, often $5,000 (or more) to hire an attorney.

You could do it yourself, but that's not so easy after the law was changed 6 or 7 years ago.

I'd discuss my situation with a couple lawyers, as the the initial meeting is often free of charge.

But, in the end, there is NOTHING any non-government creditor (even government creditors, for that matter) could do to you that life hasn't already done.

You can't get $100 bills off of tress or from under rocks, so after the chat with the lawyers, you'll feel better about this. Good luck.

You can discuss bankruptcy with a bankruptcy attorney & see if he/she believes bankruptcy would be an option/best option for you. (generally free initial consultation) Since it seems you have little in the way of assets (at this time anyway) if they have a judgment against you, there may not be anything/much to collect the judgment from anyway. (Judgments are good for years though & can generally be renewed.)

Good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back