What can you do if you feel the judge acted improperly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonelover2

I was held in direct contempt of court. The judge gave me 30 days sentence. I was removed from the court room and taking in to custody of the sheriff dept and then corrections dept. But before all that happened I never gave the court my name, so my status was never established or jurisdiction. I was then given a final injunction order for life by the judge after not even being in the court room. Did the judge act improperly and if so what can I do? It was too late for me to file an appeal after getting out 30 days later. So now I have file for a modification of the injunction. Is that the right thing to do?

I was held in direct contempt of court. The judge gave me 30 days sentence. I was removed from the court room and taking in to custody of the sheriff dept and then corrections dept. But before all that happened I never gave the court my name, so my status was never established or jurisdiction. I was then given a final injunction order for life by the judge after not even being in the court room. Did the judge act improperly and if so what can I do? It was too late for me to file an appeal after getting out 30 days later. So now I have file for a modification of the injunction. Is that the right thing to do?

If you feel the judge acted improperly, you are free to file a complaint with the judicial ethics commission in that state.

If the time has expired in which you could appeal the contempt citation, its over.

Judges have broad powers of discretion, insofar as contempt is concerned.

For instance, you can be held in contempt for bringing a newspaper into the courtroom or not removing your headgear or sunglasses.

Thanks for your answer… I found I need to file with Judicial Qualifications Commission in Florida. The commission you gave me is for investigate complaints concerning possible breaches of the public trust (violations of the State's ethics laws) by public officers, public employees, and similar persons involved with state and local government in Florida, including Executive Branch lobbyists. Complaints about the actions of Judges should be brought to the Judicial Qualifications Commission, and complaints against attorneys in private practice should be made to The Florida Bar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back