what can i expect

Status
Not open for further replies.

5isenough

In 2004, my new husband, my eldest and I moved up North for my husband's career. My ex had been trying for 5 years to get custody of our child w/no success, but I knew how bad of a legal battle would ensue if I asked to take my youngest w/us up North, so I switched to NCP w/out of state visitation... to avoid my daughter being caught up in a court battle. HE refused child support at the time. I am back 3 years later, my ex wants child support now. I know I have to pay it, so please no demeaning comments about my obligations...but we returned with infant natural triplets with a lot of medical issues, my hubby works 2 jobs so that I can stay at home w/them, not to mention the cost of daycare- if they could even get in, due to their medical issues. Will that be taken into consideration when configuring my amount, or is it just..sorry about your luck...find the money.

Last edited:
The answer to your question is that the court will take into account your current financial and home situation in order to determine if you can take the additional burden of child support. Make sure you show the court enough evidence to support your claim of inability to pay at this time and what you plan on doing in the future regarding the payment of what is in arrears. Good Luck!

Thank you very much. This started b/c I wanted my visitation changed from out of state to regular visitation, my ex wanted me to see her on his terms. I would prefer having her as much as poss. being that I stay at home, I have asked that I have sort of a joint, more like a 60/40 (me having the 40%) basically every time she has school breaks (spring, fall, 4 day weekends), every other weekend and the entire summer w/ my ex having every other weekend. Am I pushing it? Once again, thank you for taking the time to respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back