what can i do

Status
Not open for further replies.

andi

Jurisdiction
Iowa
ok so this might get confusing so try to stay with me. I am a godmom to 3 kids, 2 teenage girls (15 and 14) and a boy (8). I'm friends with their mom have been for almost 20yrs. I have been in these kids life since day 1. I was even in the delivery room when the oldest was born. The dad is not in the picture anymore. He was abusive to mom and cheated. She left when the youngest was 3. I have raised these kids like they are my own. I moved from Iowa 3 years ago and that's when the trouble started with the girls. They started getting in trouble with the law but now have somewhat settled down now this past 6months. But, the oldest (15) is now pregnant. She is due at the end of June. Now here is my and her moms problem come in. Baby daddy is very abusive towards my goddaughter. When they found out she was pregnant he beat her trying to get her to have a miscarriage. Her mother and I did not know any of this till she was 4 months along she hid it from us. The baby daddy's mom on the other hand knew all along. She actually knows a lot of whats going on with my goddaughter but continues to let it happen. She will defend her son to the end putting my goddaughter and her unborn baby in danger. My legal question is how much rights does my friend and I (I do have legal guardianship of her also) of keeping the baby daddy and his mom away from my goddaughter and the baby? We are also having trouble with this cause my goddaughter is getting manipulated by the baby daddy's mom. She has turned my goddaughter against me and her mom. Also in Feb my friend sent my goddaughter to live with me in Texas to keep her and baby safe. The baby daddy's mom snuck down here and picked her up a month later. My friend did give consent for my goddaughter to go back home but she did not give her consent to be or go with this lady. This lady did not even take her straight home either. She took my goddaughter down south and for a week longer. Her mother and I didn't even know where she was. Luckily my cousin is friends with this ladies other son and got info from him. We don't know what to do anymore and want to know if we can legally keep these people away from my goddaughter and the baby. And what we can do if they come around or if my goddaughter thinks she can runaway to be with them. My friend wants her to give the baby up because she knows her daughter is not fit to raise this baby and the father of this baby could possibly kill this baby since he has anger issues. I have said I would love to take this baby, I cant have kids of my own and would love to raise this baby especially since it is part of my goddaughter and she is my baby. What legal rights does my friend have over this baby?

If anyone BEATS a child you should call the police and report the criminal who abuses kids.

I'll bet the freak who knocked up the kid is an adult.

The mother should report any adult who is having sexy with a child.

Call the cops, report everything, stop worrying about using a child as a breeding machine for an ALLEGED adult female who wants to breed but can't.

The kids, all the kids need help.

It seems there are no adults who can help the kids, because the adults permit kids to be bred and sexually abused.

I'm astounded that no adult thought to contact the state child services agency to get help for the children.

To top it all off you bring this KALLIKAK and JAKE nonsense to the lovely, crime free, republic of Texas.

I think I hear Iowa calling you all home to its beautiful corn fields.

ok so this might get confusing so try to stay with me. I am a godmom to 3 kids, 2 teenage girls (15 and 14) and a boy (8). I'm friends with their mom have been for almost 20yrs. I have been in these kids life since day 1. I was even in the delivery room when the oldest was born. The dad is not in the picture anymore. He was abusive to mom and cheated. She left when the youngest was 3. I have raised these kids like they are my own. I moved from Iowa 3 years ago and that's when the trouble started with the girls. They started getting in trouble with the law but now have somewhat settled down now this past 6months. But, the oldest (15) is now pregnant. She is due at the end of June. Now here is my and her moms problem come in. Baby daddy is very abusive towards my goddaughter. When they found out she was pregnant he beat her trying to get her to have a miscarriage. Her mother and I did not know any of this till she was 4 months along she hid it from us. The baby daddy's mom on the other hand knew all along. She actually knows a lot of whats going on with my goddaughter but continues to let it happen. She will defend her son to the end putting my goddaughter and her unborn baby in danger. My legal question is how much rights does my friend and I (I do have legal guardianship of her also) of keeping the baby daddy and his mom away from my goddaughter and the baby? We are also having trouble with this cause my goddaughter is getting manipulated by the baby daddy's mom. She has turned my goddaughter against me and her mom. Also in Feb my friend sent my goddaughter to live with me in Texas to keep her and baby safe. The baby daddy's mom snuck down here and picked her up a month later. My friend did give consent for my goddaughter to go back home but she did not give her consent to be or go with this lady. This lady did not even take her straight home either. She took my goddaughter down south and for a week longer. Her mother and I didn't even know where she was. Luckily my cousin is friends with this ladies other son and got info from him. We don't know what to do anymore and want to know if we can legally keep these people away from my goddaughter and the baby. And what we can do if they come around or if my goddaughter thinks she can runaway to be with them. My friend wants her to give the baby up because she knows her daughter is not fit to raise this baby and the father of this baby could possibly kill this baby since he has anger issues. I have said I would love to take this baby, I cant have kids of my own and would love to raise this baby especially since it is part of my goddaughter and she is my baby. What legal rights does my friend have over this baby?

You have no legal guardianship unless a court grants it to you. Being a "godmother" isn't a legal thing. At all. It's pretty much religious.

That girls is 15. Until she's 18 her mother controls her or whoever has custody. The boy who may or may not have impregnated her has no rights over her nor does his mother.

Why didn't the mom take her to the police or call the police on the idiot beating her up? Anyone lays a hand on my kid they better hope the cops get them first. The mom of this boy kidnapped your friend's daughter. She and you should have called the police.

If the girl wants to give the baby up for adoption you can apply to adopt. But once the kid is born, if the guy establishes his rights he has to approve adoption too.

Your friend needs to get a handle on her kid. You need to step back if you aren't going to help. Good grief. What a mess.

If anyone BEATS a child you should call the police and report the criminal who abuses kids.

I'll bet the freak who knocked up the kid is an adult.

The mother should report any adult who is having sexy with a child.

Call the cops, report everything, stop worrying about using a child as a breeding machine for an ALLEGED adult female who wants to breed but can't.

The kids, all the kids need help.

It seems there are no adults who can help the kids, because the adults permit kids to be bred and sexually abused.

I'm astounded that no adult thought to contact the state child services agency to get help for the children.

To top it all off you bring this KALLIKAK and JAKE nonsense to the lovely, crime free, republic of Texas.

I think I hear Iowa calling you all home to its beautiful corn fields.
The kid who got my goddaughter pregnant is a year younger than her. I think you got a little confused here. I'm the one who can't have kids but will gladly take care of this baby I'd need be. Her mom, my best friend works all the time. She's a single mother of 3 no help from anyone anymore since I moved to Texas. The mother of the boy is who is causing all the problems, the boy is the one abusing my goddaughter.

The kid who got my goddaughter pregnant is a year younger than her. I think you got a little confused here. I'm the one who can't have kids but will gladly take care of this baby I'd need be. Her mom, my best friend works all the time. She's a single mother of 3 no help from anyone anymore since I moved to Texas. The mother of the boy is who is causing all the problems, the boy is the one abusing my goddaughter.

No you're all causing problems. First off someone should have called the cops as soon as your goddaughter got assaulted. No one did. You even say he's the one who abused her - so what did anyone do about him? Nothing.

I'm a single mother - so let's not hear that used as an excuse for her mom. If you aren't going to actually help (which there's nothing much you can do) then step back. No one is confused about anything accept why adults let a child get assaulted.

You have no legal guardianship unless a court grants it to you. Being a "godmother" isn't a legal thing. At all. It's pretty much religious.

That girls is 15. Until she's 18 her mother controls her or whoever has custody. The boy who may or may not have impregnated her has no rights over her nor does his mother.

Why didn't the mom take her to the police or call the police on the idiot beating her up? Anyone lays a hand on my kid they better hope the cops get them first. The mom of this boy kidnapped your friend's daughter. She and you should have called the police.

If the girl wants to give the baby up for adoption you can apply to adopt. But once the kid is born, if the guy establishes his rights he has to approve adoption too.

Your friend needs to get a handle on her kid. You need to step back if you aren't going to help. Good grief. What a mess.

I do have guardian tho. My friend sent her to live with me in February when she did that she wrote and notarized a letter saying I have guardianship of my goddaughter. I would've loved to call the cops on the lady but my friend had already texted my goddaughter that she could come home without my knowledge. I am now stepping back tho. I have other shit going on and she made it very clear she doesn't want my help. My friend had always been the type of mom that says no but gives I cuz she "doesn't wanna hear it anymore" and I've always been the cool godmother who also the disciplinary one. When she gets beat we don't know about it till a day or so later.

No you're all causing problems. First off someone should have called the cops as soon as your goddaughter got assaulted. No one did. You even say he's the one who abused her - so what did anyone do about him? Nothing.

I'm a single mother - so let's not hear that used as an excuse for her mom. If you aren't going to actually help (which there's nothing much you can do) then step back. No one is confused about anything accept why adults let a child get assaulted.

Like I've said I'm in Texas they are in Iowa. My friend works 8 to 12 hrs 6 or more days a week. Again I've said this before! We never know about the abuse till days later. My goddaughter didn't go home when that happens! Cuz she knows that's exactly what'll happen once her mom sees a mark on her! His mom lies for both her son and my goddaughter. For him to keep him out of juvenile jail. Her to keep her around! So for you to say some shit like that is really uncalled for!

Listen I was just looking for advice to keep the father of the baby and his mom away! Not this fuckin blame shit! No worries anymore tho! I am no longer involved with this mess! I've taken myself out of it! I've got different family issues to deal with! Jesus fuckin Christ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back