what can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenjay3

In March of 2010, I was asked by my sister to help her with rent on a place she just recently found in Hudson, WI. My sister informed the landlord of are (myself and my three children) moving in, after she had already signed the lease March 16, 2010. Soon after moving in I had noticed that my sister needed help financially, because of her very heavily drinking problem, which became a problem on the night of June 29th 2010. My sister was arrested for domestic Abuse, for attacking me, while she was greatly intoxicated. She spent the night in jail, and the next day was ordered by a judge to have no contact with myself or my children until her next court date on July 26, 2010. On July 8th 2010, I received a letter from a Hudson police officer a letter from the landlord titled " 5 Day Notice Terminating Tenancy" the letter was dated July 2, 2010 and I was to be out no later than midnight on July 7th 2010. I located the copy of the lease agreement and called the number stated on that for the landlord, to ask him why he was making us leave and told him that I had just received the notice which apparently was delivered late. The landlord then stated we had to leave because my sister is on the lease not us. I then told him that I had nowhere to go, and he said he would let me stay till the 17 of July 2010 for $400.00. He then asked who was all living in the residence and I informed him of my kids, myself, my sister, and a guy name Robert Owens, a friend of my sisters that has been staying with us because of his personal situation. The landlord than stated at the time that Mr. Owens would have to leave as well. The fifth day after receiving the eviction letter I had left the residence, as of this moment my children and I are homeless, and Robert Owens's is still residing there. The landlord had granted the permission of Robert Owens to stay until after his surgery, which is not scheduled for any date. I feel that we have been discriminated against, and my children and I have been violated by this. Robert Owens was not on the lease, but still is allowed to live there while my children and I are homeless. I want to know if there is anything legally I can do.[/U][/U][/FONT]

In March of 2010, I was asked by my sister to help her with rent on a place she just recently found in Hudson, WI. My sister informed the landlord of are (myself and my three children) moving in, after she had already signed the lease March 16, 2010. Soon after moving in I had noticed that my sister needed help financially, because of her very heavily drinking problem, which became a problem on the night of June 29th 2010. My sister was arrested for domestic Abuse, for attacking me, while she was greatly intoxicated. She spent the night in jail, and the next day was ordered by a judge to have no contact with myself or my children until her next court date on July 26, 2010. On July 8th 2010, I received a letter from a Hudson police officer a letter from the landlord titled " 5 Day Notice Terminating Tenancy" the letter was dated July 2, 2010 and I was to be out no later than midnight on July 7th 2010. I located the copy of the lease agreement and called the number stated on that for the landlord, to ask him why he was making us leave and told him that I had just received the notice which apparently was delivered late. The landlord then stated we had to leave because my sister is on the lease not us. I then told him that I had nowhere to go, and he said he would let me stay till the 17 of July 2010 for $400.00. He then asked who was all living in the residence and I informed him of my kids, myself, my sister, and a guy name Robert Owens, a friend of my sisters that has been staying with us because of his personal situation. The landlord than stated at the time that Mr. Owens would have to leave as well. The fifth day after receiving the eviction letter I had left the residence, as of this moment my children and I are homeless, and Robert Owens's is still residing there. The landlord had granted the permission of Robert Owens to stay until after his surgery, which is not scheduled for any date. I feel that we have been discriminated against, and my children and I have been violated by this. Robert Owens was not on the lease, but still is allowed to live there while my children and I are homeless. I want to know if there is anything legally I can do.[/U][/U][/FONT]

Why would you want to do try to find something to sue about? Didn't the LL allow you to stay longer? Yes...he didn't have to but he did. Now, he is letting Mr. Owens stay because of pending surgery. Sounds like a kind and generous LL. But NOW, things are not going your way and using the "I am single with three children card," you are crying discrimination! You were not on the lease also. Beside, he can say you are discriminating against him because he is a single man. Makes just as much sense. Try to be kind and generous to the LL like he was to you. Shame on you.:no:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back