What can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

On_the_verge

I am sure that my former supervisor is out to get me. I left his department because he lies all of the time. He told me we had comp time, but refused to put it in writing, so when I asked to use it, of course I was told it didn't exist.

Then he took away vacation time that i had because he claimed that I had miscalculated the days--we file weekly time sheets, I showed him that he was in error, but he refused to give me the time back. He bad mouthed me to my new supervisor even before I started working for her, and she treted just as badly as he did whereas previously, we had been friends.

The final straw happened last week when he waited until everyone left the office then called me in and shutthe door. He told me that he was furious wit me for leaving at 5:00 two days during the week. I nicely explained that I didn't know OT was expected, I left when all my work was completed, and I work to live not vice versa. Then he went on to accuse me of not sending out pertinent information, and that he had reports from 2 coordinators to prove it. I spoke with both coordinators, and they had no idea what he was talking about. He also told me not to tell my current (3rd) supervisor that we had talked, then he went on to ask me how I thought I should be disciplined for my inappropriate actions. I went right to my supervisor and told him the whole story, my supervisor already knew all about it, and told me he would handle it!! He too thinks the guy is a jerk. This is after the dunce told me he wasn't going to tell my supervisor!! How does someone deal with someone like this who is a vengeful liar?? I think all of this stems from my being praised by a client while he was ignored.

How does someone deal with someone like this who is a vengeful liar?? You do exactly what you have done - complain to your supervisor and let him/her handle it. This is entirely an internal management issue. No laws require bosses to be nice people or make it unlawful to be a jerk.

If the problem continues and you decide you can't or won't tolerate his behavior, then your other option is to find a new job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back