Corporate Law What Can I Do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

justdontknow

All,

I have a NJ S-Corp that has been suspended for failure to submit annual reports. I sent the forms in for reinstatement on July 21. However, when I called the NJ Business Support Services Bearu on Friday, they said my file was waiting in taxation and transferred me to taxation. Taxation told me that my file wasn't even in their system yet due to an extreme backlog and that when it did finally get in the system it would take between 12-16 weeks to process. The business has been operating, but we failed to file properly. Now we're trying to get everything in order, but this is holding us up and looks like it will be a 6+ month affair by the time everything is completed. We really need to get the following done, but it seems like we can't until we are officially reinstated:

-get additional licensing in NJ to expand operations
-get registered (as a foreign corp) and licensed in FL to validate operations that we've been working on

I realize the failure is entirely ours, but does anyone know any way to get the whole process expedited or have a possible work-around? I'd considered starting a secondary S-Corp and then merging the two once the first one was reinstated, but I was worried about the implications of operating the first one's assets under the second one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back