what can i do to get my soon to be ex husband name off of my daughter's birth certifi

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmaster

My daughter's father and I were together for 2 years before she was born. He is Mexican. When I was 2 months pregnant my child's father was deported. We went our seperate ways, I started dating my husband a cpl months later and he knew I was pregnant. He went to jail, and he signed my daughter's birth certificate. He is not in her life now and hasnt been for the last 8 months. I would like to know what I can do to get my soon to be ex husband's name off her birth certificate and her real fathers on it. We got a blood test done between my daughter and her real father hoping that would help. Please help me I don't want my daughter to have to live with the mistake that I made

My daughter's father and I were together for 2 years before she was born. He is Mexican. When I was 2 months pregnant my child's father was deported. We went our seperate ways, I started dating my husband a cpl months later and he knew I was pregnant. He went to jail, and he signed my daughter's birth certificate. He is not in her life now and hasnt been for the last 8 months. I would like to know what I can do to get my soon to be ex husband's name off her birth certificate and her real fathers on it. We got a blood test done between my daughter and her real father hoping that would help. Please help me I don't want my daughter to have to live with the mistake that I made

You'll need an attorney, and whether or not you'll be successful will depend on whether or not the legal father agrees to disestablish paternity and how old the child is now. If he's in jail because he caused harm to your daughter, then it will be easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back