what can I do?HELP,PLEASE:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

reneerogers

I have been living with several roomates who were kind enough to let me move in. A verbal rent was estimated along with if you can't pay cash we will trade,etc...Well several months have passed I have now my own room there are 5 of us total. 2 on couches,2 in the spare bedroom.Things have been getting rather unpleasentfor one reason or another, and it has been stated that all roomies must move except the 2 in room. I understand their request and was so fortunate to have them give me more time to get situated. now here is where my problem comes in; Do to an unfortunate incident i was recently(7days ago) arrested. Since this I was in jail when my boyfriend tried to enter my room with my keys to get $ off my dresser for my bail. My roomates would not let him even enter (he has spent many nights there) or have my $. In fact they offered to speak outside the house. This is when my boyfriend was informed that they already undid my locks to my room and are upset because it is messy(to be expected I'm in the process of packing/moving) , they are going to pack my things as they see to it, they even said oh that $ she had we tool it and gave back to the guy who loaned it to her.(funny since it was a gift to give to my sonfor getting all A's on his report card. My biggest concerns are I designfine jewelry, have baseball card collections, antiques, tons of new in package giftware etc... and I know of past /recent expressed interest/likeing for these items. Furthermore there is a lot of drug kind of traffic between a close circle(maybe 4-7 people) who would be more than happy to help find new homes for my things. I am bailed out now and want to retieve my belongings a.s.a.p. but also do not want to warn them of my being out. Is there any legal/police action or rights I might be able to use? Thank You so much.
RENEE

Hm, as far as I understand you now, you are out on bail, therefore free to move and do what you want. So nothing should keep you from collecting your belongings. If they do not give access to your belongings or take any of it they will be liable for theft and then you can call the cops. They probably already violated the law by breaking into your room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back