What can I do about a disruptive neighbor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshleyTCM

I have lived in a duplex for the past 3 yrs. The lady that lives on the other side is really nice and we have always gotten along. We share a basment and garage and this has never been an issue. About 5 months ago she let her boyfriend move in and he has since taken over the entire basement and garage. All of his stuff is spead out everywhere and I cant even get to my stuff. At one point I went down there and saw that he had gone through my stuff and reboxed it and put labels on the boxes. I went down there once and the entire basement was filled with propane and he was on the front porch smoking. Apparently he had lit a propane heater and it had gone out and the propane just kept going. My floors are not insulated and all of this is going on underneath my house and everything comes up into my apartment. I will go to my bedroom and it smells like smoke because he is down in the basement smoking. He ruined my above ground vegetable garden that I built last year. He emptied a kerosene lantern into the soil and its been two months and he still has not replaced the soil. I went to put my son to bed the other night and the entire back half of my house was filled with the smell of paint thinner because he had decided it was a good way to kill mold. I had to have my sons dad come pick him up because my son has asthma and cant be around that. This is just some of the stuff that has been going on. I am woken up about once a week from him down there banging on stuff. Or putting up cabinets. Or cutting out the drywall. I have said something to him repeatedly and I am really just sick of this. Ive tried to contact my landlady but she is never around.

I really just dont know what to do anymore. I cant watch a television show without hearing him down there messing with stuff. My son has a hard time going to bed. This guy just doesnt seem to care that my life has been severley disrputed by this. I cant even open my blinds without him standing around.

He also turned the unfinished part of the basement into some random work area that honestly looks like a druggie hangout. There are extensions cords going everywhere. I am worried that something is going to catch fire while I am asleep. Or he is going to fill my house up with propane and I wont be awake to yell at him.

Please help.

Yea there must be a way to get in touch with your landlord. If not call the fire marshall out, I am sure that is not a safe way to store propane, paint and other stuff you said. It has to be a fire hazard. Anyways Hope the matter gets immediate attention not only for your peace but for your saftey. sounds like a accident waiting to happen.

Most likely the paramour is not a signatory on the lease.

I suspect that he just moved in and is living without the knowledge of the landlord.

Drop a dime on this cad and let your landlord know!

Don't, however, say anything to your neighbor or the paramour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back