Medical Malpractice What can I do about a dental injury?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aimer67

I went to see a dentist on Thursday to get a tooth (top right all the way in the back) taken out. After the procedure he said he took out some of my sinus bone when he took out my tooth and he gave me pain medication (Tylenol with codeine 300 mg). The next day I was in so much pain and my pain spread to my lower jaw, neck and my ear. I called the dentist and he said he may have hit the nerve and to double my pain medication which was already 2 pills every 4 hours. If I would have doubled them then that would be considered an overdose and i wasn't about ready to do that. He said he would call me back in about a week, well I didn't last that long. Monday I was in so much pain I called my local doctors office and got an appointment. The nurse practitioner gave me an antibiotic and told me to go see the dentist again to have him fix the rest of it. After my appointment I called the Dentist and he was very rude to me saying that the nurse practitioner was practicing out of her scope of practice and should of never prescribed me the augmentin for a possible infection. He stated that they don't know if it is or not. I then told him that i can taste the infection and he told me "no you can't". He then gave me an attitude about making another appointment to come and see him. He finally agreed and I asked if I would have to pay for this visit since it was his doing. He said I did. I told him never mind about the appointment and will let the antibiotics work first. He then stated that I might have to come 3 different visits for him to figure out what was wrong. More money in his pocket since he doesn't have a high clientele. I told him no and that I was going to let the antibiotics work its course. I am still in severe pain and do not want this dentist to even touch my mouth. I tried to go see another dentist and they said they couldn't do it due to some kind of dental agreement. I need to find out what else I can do. and today I am still in severe pain. I can barely open my jaw and now it has spasms, I can not move my neck and my ear has a throbbing pain in it. Please help! what should i do now?

To start with go find another doctor NOW. Forget this nurse partitioner crap - see a doctor. In fact, I would go to the ER first. You need to get your pain issues taken care of. Next, go find another dentist. If you have to go to another town then do so. Call around, but you will find a dentist that will look at this.

When you see each physician including the ER, ask for a copy of you charts and notes, even if it's a photo copy. This will help you from a legal standpoint on that end.

After all of this is taken care of, go find a malpractice attorney and consult with them. This is where copies of notes from the doctors and dentists will come in.

With that said, now that you are done reading this, turn off your computer and go to the ER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back