What can be done?

Don Ng

Jurisdiction
Nevada
I submitted construction plans to the City for approval clearly indicating that the business will have sufficient fire sprinklers. The plans also indiciated that no fire alarm exist and will not install one. The City approved the plans. Now, construction nearly completed and the City's inspector forced me to install a fire alarm and apologize that they missed it on the plans. However, to install one would cost me $9,000. Should this be the fault of the City? Do I have a case?

the City's inspector forced me to install a fire alarm and apologize that they missed it on the plans. However, to install one would cost me $9,000. Should this be the fault of the City?

The inspector's apology is at least some evidence that missing it was the city's fault. Did you really have doubts about that?

Do I have a case?

A case of what?

Whether you had been told at the outset or now, at the eleventh hour, you'd have to install it either way. Are you suggesting that, if you had known at the outset that you'd have to install a fire alarm, you wouldn't have proceeded with the construction?

Back