what are my rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

misty08

WE are buying a moble home from a friend of my mothers she owns the lot that its on the lot is in a moble home park . our water i on a comunitty water well and we pay about 15 to 20 dollars a month for water, but when we first moved in we were paying 50 to 75 dollars a month and I asked why it was s much and she said because we were getting 25 dollar late charges because it was due by the 10th of every month and they never told me it was due on the 10th.Also she came tomy door one morning and gave me 5 to 6 pieces of paper and said the she was chargeing me 30 dollars because they had to pick it up, but it was a neibors dog that came in to my yard and carried over there and when I asked if she was charging them as well she said no.now she is harassing me about pick up the trash around my home when there are other homes that look much worse than ours what can I do.....

Get the bills delivered to you at your mobil home and or a postal box you rent. Check out Landlord Tenent laws on line for your state. Type in the State, then add Landlord Tenent Laws. It doesn't matter what the other people are doing in their trailers or around their trailers, it only matters what happens on your lot as it is NOT owned by you. If the neighbors dog is not on a leash or is let loose all day talk to the neighbor first or if that isn't possible call animal control and see what your city leash laws are and report the neighbor's dog. OR you can ask the woman who owns the lot if she would allow you to put up a fence to keep the dog out. There may be codes or laws regarding fences in your city or by the trailor park association where all the lots are at. The fence should be attractive and sturdy, not chicken wire or old boards, and not hazzardous or haphazzardly put up. But saying all that - I don't think she can charge you for her picking up the papers without her having given you some type of notice that you needed to pick them up first, then if you did not comply may be she can...but I am not an attorney that's why you need to go on line and check out your state laws.

Verbal agreement and breach of trust

On August 13,2006, I asked my friend to manage my two properties in baltimore City county. In one of the properties, I have a tenant. And the other vacant.

We had verbal agreement that he will manage the properties and I will pay him 10% of the rent from the tenants monthly.
As a matter of fact, he collected the August 2006 rent from the tenant in the first property and told me that he will use the money to advertise the other vacant property in the newspaper.

Two week later, he called me and said, he has a friend that will get 3 tenants in the vacant house for a monthly rent of $400.each (total $1,200), and said I will be paid $750 and he and his friend will take care of the maintainance & utilities. I agreed.

He never told me he signed any agreement with the friend.

On April 20, 2007, I inspected the property with three tenants only to discover that additional two rooms (making 5 tenants in the property) were constructed without my verbal or written consent as the landlord. I told him that was a breach of trust and that he should hand over all the lease agreement signed by the tenants and their security deposits. I requested to manage the properties myself. He refused to handover the requested documentation claiming he already signed a 3 year agreement with his friend.

Do have chance in the court of law?

Your expert opinion will be appreciated.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back