Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders What Are My Rights As A Defendant On Community Supervision?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss_Cherokee

Where or how do I find out what ,if any, rights I have while under court probation adjudicated felony drug charge? What power does my probation officer wield over me besides the threat of violating probation with an MTR? Are P.O's only allowed by law to supervise that you are complying or not with the stipulations of your court order for probation? What can they implement and what must they do to change or request another task for defendant to do for probation? Thank You for your input.

Where or how do I find out what ,if any, rights I have while under court probation adjudicated felony drug charge? What power does my probation officer wield over me besides the threat of violating probation with an MTR? Are P.O's only allowed by law to supervise that you are complying or not with the stipulations of your court order for probation? What can they implement and what must they do to change or request another task for defendant to do for probation? Thank You for your input.

Everything you are required to do, while on probation is in writing.
It is in the court order that sentenced you to probation.
It is in the rules given to you by your PO.
All of that is in writing.

In Texas, a PO can not revoke you summarily.
A PO can not have you arrested.
A PO can petition the court for a revocation hearing.
Only the judge that sentenced you, sitting in the district court in which you were sentenced can revoke you.
No one else.

By the way, you have very few rights while on probation.
Probation is privilege.
It is a contract between you and the judge.
Judges do not take kindly to probationers breaking their contracts.

However, you are best advised to do everything your PO tells you to do.
If you don't, you'll be revoked.
It'll take a while, but in the end, you will be revoked.
Maybe not the first time, but if you persist, they will revoke you.

What are you being asked to do by your PO, that you think is unfair?
Why do you believe it to be unfair?
If your PO ordered you to have sex with him/her, that is something you could beef.
If, on the other hand, your PO ordered you to report to him/her everyday, you can't beef that.

Thank You for your informative information.(no pun intended). As an American, I feel it is my duty and in my best interest to know my rights as a citizen when dealing with law enforcement or the judicial system or any other federal or state entity or agent representative thereof. Thank You again. Sincerely, Miss Cherokee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back