What are my options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

miri86

Hi. I own a franchise Car Valeting business. I recently got a customer who went through the automatic carwash, and came back around to complain that bird shit stains had not come off his bonnet. He told my worker to apply wheel cleaning chemical on it to take them off, my worker rightfully refused as it would have damaged the paintwork. He then told my worker to use the jet (gernie) on it to remove the stains. When my worker did so, the clear coating came of only where the stains where. The customer now wants the whole bonnet resprayed. I do not see the need for it as only the coating is damaged and not the paintwork. The customer refuses to communicate with me and will not send me the photos he took of the damage to his car. I recently received a quote from him stating that $1250 would take to fix it. I think the amount is absurd, i phones around myself and i was getting quotes between 500-700 dollars, that being the worse case scenario which would be to respray it. The customer refuses to take into account my quotes and threatens me with legal procedures if i do not accept his quote. I do have cameras around the business, and there is footage of him telling my guy to spray and jet his bonnet, therefore he asked my worker to try remove the stains. Just wondering seeing as he is refusing to communicate and accept my quotes, what are my options? Should i be scared that he is threatening me with legal procedures? Can anyone help?

Since this is a US law forum & your jurisdiction is Australia, I'm not sure you will get a reply/answer.

It really doesn't matter.

Laws in the US vary by State, for one thing. But more importantly, they don't mirror the laws of Australia.

Never be scared or bullied by threat of legal process.

Never answer questions, you have no legal duty to converse with fools.

If such a case were brought before a court, in a civil matter, the plaintiff is required to prove his claims; not just assert them.

Until you are properly served, ignore this dummy. Don't pay tribute, it only encourages piracy.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

I agree. Ignore him. Let him pay for the damage himself and produce receipts in court. You may be found to have no liability at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back